Coal Ash disposal restrictions?

Re: Coal Ash disposal restrictions?

PostBy: tsb On: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Holy crap, your out in the middle of nowhere ! If they persist in
being a pain in the ass, just bag your ash and put it put with the trash.
That $1700 bucks should cover trash.
tsb

Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

PostBy: mariohotshot On: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:58 pm

This is the concluding part of the news letter:
"Anyone found to be disposing of coal ash on their property, their neighbor's property, or the roads will be subject to significant fines from both the Monroe County Municipal Waste Management Authority Police and ALCA ." (Arrowhead Lake Assoc.)
I called the County WM and they had no answer about restrictions or how to dispose coal ash, in fact they recommended that I go to the Hearth forum for some ideas. :|
mariohotshot

Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90

PostBy: tsb On: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:47 pm

I'd fly under the radar as much as possible. If they raise a fuss, then
just bag it and trash it.
I got a permit in 1970 for " general renovations". I've been generally renovating
ever since. No problems.
tsb

Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Congratulations! You've just received the hardest lesson in Personal Sovereignty. Too Late Now.....Sooo,to me, I'd : 1.) STOP!.... 2.) Take a breath....Slow down..... 3.)Time to get "Tactical and Practical".... 4.) You're behind Enemy Lines,Act like it, Cease all highlighting of yourself by communicating with any of the listed Offending Authorites...Get Off The Radar Screen,even though it may be too late.... 5.) Find your Copy of that Offensive Association Master Agreement that came with your purchase in that Community. Also gather up any and all subsequent yearly Amendments to that Agreement,including this latest Whopper,and either go to your Attorney,or one that specializes in Land/Association tenets of Law. Get competent,actual advice.....6.)Make your decisions based on that Advice,Your Wife leaving You if You decide to get out of that ALGORE Yuppie Hellhole and move to your own Land with your own Governance,and the Great Possibility that you might take a huge financial hit if you decide to sell and move to where there is no"Ass-Ociation"....Just my hard-core opinions on Enclave's like this,and why to leave them....Good Luck,My Beleagured Friend. I Truly Wish You Well ! :flex:
Hambden Bob

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

PostBy: Carbon12 On: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Show them the EPA regulations that classify coal ash as non hazardous waste,....like soil and tell them to shove it up their ash! Oh,.....and start burning Bit coal!! That'll change their tune :lol:
Carbon12

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

PostBy: davidmcbeth3 On: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Berlin wrote:yet another reason to NOT tell anyone that you do anything with coal. All it takes is one crazy and you're going to have problems.

- let me clarify. I believe in propagandizing as much as possible with truthful pro-coal information, however, not to one's neighbors. Anyone that lives next to you, can create problems for you at your home, should NEVER know your business.

Unfortunately, good advice. I do tell my wood burners the positive things about coal though.

Also, its hard to hide tons of coal on the property lol
davidmcbeth3

Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503