Easter Coffee 4-19-14

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 5:52 am

Happy Easter weekend! Come in, join us for coffee & share some friendship. The empty stool formation is for Freetown Fred. The empty cup will stay on his seat until he get's back from his stay in the hospital. I understand he's slowly getting better. This medical stuff isn't an exact science. Sometimes they don't heal you, they just keep you alive until you heal yourself. We'll all pullin' for you Fred!

Well, gosh, after it managed to hit 70 last Monday I kind of thought Spring was finally here. Then, in the low teens on Tuesday, snow on Wed, and frost every day since. The Axeman may be burning black rocks into June! But, we are a tough group, a little chill in the air doesn't stop us from finding smiles under every rock we turn over. You know... if we go over to that hillside, and only turn over round rocks, I'll bet we could rock & roll! That'll put a dance in our steps.

Mainstay French toast for breakfast. It's always special as it takes a bunch of work the day before, then an hour to bake in the oven this morning. The cook was feeling better than normal so we have an Easter treat that can't be beat. It's so yummy it doesn't even need syrup. Now, I didn't say it wasn't getting some of that home made maple syrup, I'm just saying it's good without it. *smile*

Enjoy the weekend. Hug your loved ones & stay safe.

Attachments

MaineStay.JPG
.JPG | 126.8KB | MaineStay.JPG

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 7:28 am

Good morning Freddy and the rest of y'all,I will take some coffee and run my brother in law bought a new camper and he asked me to go pick it up for him so I'm off to get it.I put the 983 to sleep for the summer yesterday,it needs a new window glass, gasket,and maybe a new fan,not sure I can save it but I will try.Next week is the first camping trip of the year :dancing: and I'm ready.Take care Keepaeyeonit

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 7:51 am

morning everyone.... I had shut down a couple Sundays ago before I headed away for a couple days for work, but I wish I had the stoker running for a couple of those cold mornings this past week! I hate hearing the furnace kick on. Got a bunch of small outside chores set for today to keep me busy...
Have a great day everyone!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 8:09 am

I really wanted to Sleep In....Longer....However,even though I'm late,It's Good to see all You Stragglers Coming To and Coming In ! We're ready for the Off-Season,but it's still been Cold Enough to keep The Coalin' Goin' ! Happy Easter to All,and with that,Camp,Cook and Enjoy What the True Meaning that Easter and The Spring hold for You! I tried to help fill in for Fred in the Galley But....I'm afraid Nobody fills those Boots like Fred does. :up:

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 8:33 am

Morning all, supposed to be nice here today, have plenty to do outside. New job training ends Mon. for a couple months then back for more. Not real confident this is going to work, hows that for a good attitude! I hope the winter finally breaks for you guys, it has been a long cold winter. I know my brother itching to burn some blueberry ground, it is getting green and late.
Take care and enjoy the weekend.

Kevin

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 8:37 am

Mornin all. Coffee is good.

Freddy, your French toast looks fantastic. Glad to hear Marty is doing good today.

Family Easter gathering is at my house today, as I will be trucking early again tomorrow. Headed for Kawkawlin, Mi.

Take care and be safe everyone.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 8:49 am

Hmmmm smells good Freddy I will take one for Mr. Freetown and keep it safe and sound hee hee! After 6 months of lay off and foot surgery, I find myself with 2 jobs...as the new manager at my old restaurant spent almost 6 months trying to replace me and 2 other owners courted me! So today I juggle both the old hand doesn't know what the other is doing :roll: The new place knows my plan and is excited to have me! :) Thanks for the chow and have a great Easter!

p.s. As I age Easter has evolved into a day of peace and love. Basically I try to be nice for 24 hrs. boy it's tough!

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 8:57 am

Morning all,

Yup, winter is still around, it is snowing as I type this. We have had single digit temps at night all week and we have only made it into the very low thirties during the day. The other day I awoke to four inches of new snow. That was a welcomed addition, so I figured it was probably the last measurable snow fall so I had to get out the Ferguson 35 and blow out the driveway one last time.

The lakes are still ice covered which will be coming to an end as soon as we get some warm weather. My riding buddies are suppose to show up today so we can trailer our snowmobiles to the snow pack for possibly the last ride of the season. We all keep records of how many miles we roll on our sleds each season and I am happy to say I will be the clear winner this season with almost 5,000 miles. Since today will probably be the last ride and I have the most miles, my lunch at the local eatery will be free today.

I hope FF recovers quickly and can return to his homestead. Funny how at a point in all of our lives life stops giving and starts to take away from us. Very cruel. It does make one want to grow fangs and avoid the sunlight. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend. Don't forget to hold onto your love ones for they can be gone in a blink of an eye. I am off since I hear my riding buddies pulling in the driveway.

The snowman.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 11:40 am

Easter weekend. I somehow managed a 4 day weekend. Today is shaping up to be beautiful and the grass mowing can begin. I don’t care for the mowing but right about now I’m sick and tired of winter. French toast looks good but I’m not French Monsieur. Is it served with French roast coffee?
So what to do today. I could finish servicing the mowers and mow, work on the house, work on the vehicles, or get drunk and think about doing it tomorrow. :cheers:
Y’all have a wonderful Easter weekend.

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Apr. 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi all,

Just got back from a week in Williamsburg messing around with family and friends. By all accounts a good time was had by all. Heck, it was even worth the 3 hours of stop and go traffic on I-95 between Richmond and DC - that's supposed to be an hour trip.

We had freeze warnings all week and temperatures dropped to the low 30s overnight. I'm told it snowed at home on Tuesday. No matter, winter is over and next week I'll get my tomatoes and squash in. I hope everyone has amazing weather for Easter. Take care, Lisa

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sun. Apr. 20, 2014 9:41 am

Happy Easter everyone.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Apr. 20, 2014 11:15 am

Hear hear! Seconded. 8-)

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. Apr. 20, 2014 1:31 pm

Happy Easter everyone!
I'm out on the far Left Coast again, in CommieFornia. Way to close to the central core of the LooneyLeft: Berkley. I'm in San Leandro, next door to Oakland.

I've been keeping up with the FFred saga, he's getting good care, and should be mending enough to come home in a few weeks.

Freddy, thanks for the coffee and FrToast. Yummy!

When I arrived out here, my buddy here hands me a Craigslist ad with a bunch of Pierce Arrow parts for sale. about a 2 hr drive away. So inevitably we went to look and shop, and I bought it all except for the actual frame.. it's the remains of a car that most of the wood in the body rotted away when the cloth center in the top sprang a leak and the car was parked and never kept dry.
So there were the usual items that will always survive: the front and rear axle, the engine block, head and various other parts.
Some of the parts are hard to find, some I have sold already, enough to cover my cost to buy the whole pile, and the buyers are ecstatic at the prices and finally having found the parts they need.

So I'll be making a big crate on a pallet, and ship the remains back home. Or leave it here and sell it off from here.?

Take care,

And as mentioned above, give all those in your life a hug and tell or show them you love them.. life can have cruel twists and turns and not everyone stays around as long as we expect and hope for.

Greg L
IMG_20140419_184144_698.jpg
.JPG | 120.7KB | IMG_20140419_184144_698.jpg
IMG_20140419_124259_634.jpg
.JPG | 117.3KB | IMG_20140419_124259_634.jpg
IMG_20140419_175326_007.jpg

I couldn't ge George to pose as 'Grandma' in the chair..

.JPG | 109.4KB | IMG_20140419_175326_007.jpg

Black_And_Blue
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Post by Black_And_Blue » Sun. Apr. 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Happy Easter to all, hope everyone enjoyed company and dinner.

Christ is the reason for season.

God Bless, be well.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Apr. 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Today was a perfectly sunny day.... just what you hope for on Easter. Brilliant sunshine all day long.

Thanks everyone for sharing the day!

Return to “The Coffee House”