Keystoker 90K BTU Stoker Direct Vent Parts Unknown

bigboy55
Other Heating: St Croix Prescott

Post by bigboy55 » Mon. May. 12, 2014 7:16 pm

I recently purchased a used Keystoker 90K BTU stove. When moving it to bring it home I heard a noise (something dropped inside) the previous owner said it was the flapper plate that sits in front of the exhaust port. The stove is a direct vent and the manual I downloaded has a drawing but no pictures or exploded parts diagrams. The angle looks to have several welds across one edge. Any one have a picture of the assembly intact. I'm in the process of going thru the stove top to bottom replacing all gaskets, glass, hopper, and whatever is needed which I hope isn't much more. Thanks for your time. This site is very helpful.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/vEQfh28K80gWziuZ7EsULg

mcrchap
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 90
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: New Yorker Oil boiler

Post by mcrchap » Wed. Sep. 03, 2014 3:00 pm

You can get a manual for your stove online at the Keystoker website. Just search for keystoker. I have one like yours, the plate you mention is missing....I operate mine w/o it with no great consequence. The main thing is to have your draft at the proper setting as per the manual. Remove, clean and reset the grates and stoker unit with furnace cement to control the draft. The draft motor flap should be set at about 1/2 open. To reduce the draft open the flap wider, to increase it close it. That sounds backwards, but it that's the way it works. If you don't set the draft properly you will eventually get fire up into the fire box, melt the nylon coal feed cam, maybe burn up the feed motor, all of which I've done! Expensive to replace all that. It's a good stove but you have to learn how to operate it.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”