LL or Koker or Hitzer710?

CRH
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line AK 110
Other Heating: Forced air fuel oil

Post by CRH » Sun. Jun. 29, 2014 10:52 am

I'm new to this forum but not new to coal heat. We moved to a new to us home in January with forced air fuel oil heat. Our first fuel bill was more than I used to spend in coal to heat for the winter at the old house. I had a reading sesqahana at the old house. I wasn't unhappy with it but it wasn't the simplest thing to operate. Neither of the 2 dealers Ive gone to see have recommended a reading. Both have pushed the Koker and their are some things I like about the Hitzer 710. I found this site in a search for reviews and also found the L L AK110. Now I really have no Idea what stove to buy. How does the LL compare in price? I will also need to find a dealer to go talk to in western ny. Thanks for your help.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Jun. 29, 2014 11:13 am

I own 2x LL AK110 and love them. Customer service is second to none, however, I can't compare to the other stoves as I never owned those. This winter they earned their keep that is for sure.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sun. Jun. 29, 2014 11:18 am

You will find many owners of all the mentioned stokers. I have worked with the Koker and the LL AK series. Hitzer is excellent equipment as well. None are 'bad' and it all depends upon the dealer, or more importantly the service available after the sale. Reliability is a non issue, so don't worry about that part of it. Routine service is a factor to consider, because they are so reliable, it is too easy to overlook normal servicing, until something is damaged through no fault of the Manufacturer.
What we don't have is an idea of the loading requirement. The current furnace could provide that information, and the output of the Koker, LL AK 110, and the Hitzer would easily provide enough heat for you.
To further muddy the waters, you might consider a hot water boiler , thereby getting domestic for free, and simply adding a 'water to air heat exchanger' to the ducting, and now have the ability to easily satisfy your domestic hot water needs. So please think that over for a day or two before you make any decisions. Especially if you are going to be long term owners. It will pay for itself in 3 years or less while providing unparalleled comfort....affordably. LL has a stellar reputation on the forum with users, and that says volumes as well. But do your homework and see where you end up. This is only the beginning of your search, so wait for the recommendations to help guide you.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sun. Jun. 29, 2014 12:35 pm

When comparing look at our heat exchanger ( The AK 110 / 220 ) . That is what makes us different. It does add some to the initial cost but it will repay in coal savings. Its not just a box with a fire in it. There is a lot of surface area in there to move the heat from the fire to the room where it should go instead of the chimney.
Dave

lgilkes
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman DVC, Keystoker Koker, EFM-AF, EFM-520 Boiler

Post by lgilkes » Sun. Jul. 20, 2014 10:04 pm

All I can tell you is that I have Koker and I love it. It blows the heat.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”