Gun News

Re: Gun News

PostBy: scalabro On: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:15 pm

The best reason to cite on an application is... "All lawful purposes."

When I lived in CT's northest corner I got a carry permit no problem. When I moved to MA same thing. CT even changed my permit to show my MA address after I moved. I carry both and a Fla. permit. A hobby of mine is to get one from every state that will reciprocate or issue me one.

I have found most states just want a "correctly" filled out form and the initial and recurring FEES.
scalabro

Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40, PP Stewart No. 14 in the works.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired forced hot air

PostBy: DieselBob On: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:45 pm

There is at least one more state that won't issue without a so called “good and substantial reason” and just because the Constitution of the United States clearly states you have that right “to keep and bear Arms” it isn't good enough in the Peoples Republic of Maryland.
DieselBob

PostBy: grumpy On: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Well another law suit needed.
grumpy

PostBy: oliver power On: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:Paul,

I could be wrong but I think there are still only 52 states and NJ does not have a carry law. NJ does has what's called a "Will Issue" law which basically translates to, "Yeah, go ahead and apply for your CCW. It'll be denied and will NOT be issued." I'm think there are a lot of other states that won't allow carrying of firearms too; NY and CT both criminalize you if you so much as even look at a firearm.
I was just told today; New York State (Livingston County) has
ok'd hunting big game with a center fire rifle this year. It's been shotgun/black powder as long back as I can remember.
oliver power

Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-Vigilant-II)
Baseburners & Antiques: MANY (Mostly when burning wood)
Stove/Furnace Make: HITZER / KEYSTOKER
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93 & 30-95 , Kaa-2

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:12 am

oliver power wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:Paul,

I could be wrong but I think there are still only 52 states and NJ does not have a carry law. NJ does has what's called a "Will Issue" law which basically translates to, "Yeah, go ahead and apply for your CCW. It'll be denied and will NOT be issued." I'm think there are a lot of other states that won't allow carrying of firearms too; NY and CT both criminalize you if you so much as even look at a firearm.
I was just told today; New York State (Livingston County) has
ok'd hunting big game with a center fire rifle this year. It's been shotgun/black powder as long back as I can remember.

Yeah, but what they haven't told you yet is that it can only be from rifles that aren't "scary" looking. All rifles must be painted hot pink come equipped with single round magazines and bullet buttons. Every "hunter" must be checked in where they plan on hunting, have to register with the DOJ wear an orange jumpsuit and be fitted for an ankle bracelet. All "hunters" must also disclose their "shooting" perch and check in with their designated "hunting officer" every 15 minutes. They only allow you 3 single round magazines per "hunting session". Once your day of hunting is complete you must turn in any spent/unspent cartridges and have your weapon "cleared" by your "hunting officer" before leaving for the day. :rofl:
I'm On Fire

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

PostBy: davidmcbeth3 On: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:54 am

Makes me feel better about all the times I CCed in DC w/o any permit.
davidmcbeth3

Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503

PostBy: Sunny Boy On: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:15 am

For as long as I can remember, NYS has had a limit on magazine capacity for hunting protected game.

Plus, for the past 10 years or so, NYS has been opening more and more WMU's to hunting with a rifle that were formerly shotgun only. I'm told, the decline in hunters is one reason. Hunting brings in big money to run the NYSDEC. Albany is so addicted to having more and more tax money coming in that they hate the loss of any amount of revenue more than they hate gun owners.

After trying to raid the DEC coffers to close budget gaps his first year in office, Cuomo raised the hunting/fishing fees. Now they make less then they did before the raise because a lot of hunters stopped buying licenses. So, this year he's trying to look like he's all for supporting hunters by lowering the fees. Dumb lib thinks hunters are dumber than he is ! :mad:

NY has always had a love/hate relationship with gun owners. Especially downstate verses upstate. The majority of downstate folks don't like guns. Upstate, it's rare to meet someone who doesn't own and use guns. Even many of the women folk are well armed and go hunting with their family members.

But most of the anti-gun/anti-hunting problems that do occasionally happen up here, come from downstate folks moving up here and wanting to change things. It got so bad that (former) Governor Pataki signed a bill to protect NYS gun clubs from law suits intended to closed down gun clubs by people who moved near a gun club and didn't like the noise. The gun club I belong to was one of those. The Club eventually won the suit because it had been in continuous uses since 1905, but the legal fees emptied the back account. It took years of members stepping up and helping to pay club costs out of their own pocket to give the club time to build the account back up to where they could pay the taxes and insurance.

Paul
Sunny Boy

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:53 am

Heard this on the news while driving into work this morning.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... verturned/

Now if we can only get NJ to start issuing CCWs and then get all of the states to recognize each others permits it'd be great. OR better yet, why don't they just standardize the entire thing like a Federal CCW (I know there is a Federal CCW) but they should just have one CCW for the entire country instead of the way it is now.
I'm On Fire

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Flyer5 wrote:That didn't last long. http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli ... OnTownhall

As soon as I posted my link I immediately thought to myself, "Now watch, that article I just posted will be invalid by the end of the day."

At least I was right about something.
I'm On Fire

PostBy: Sunny Boy On: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 am

Don't give up.
Here's a case where an appellate court just reaffirmed that constructional rights can not be taken away by states. While this case is over trying to close an abortion clinic, that ruling can cut both ways. It also means that states, like NJ (and DC) can't take away second amendment rights either. One more court upholding the rights protected by the constitution.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-appeals-court- ... 35808.html

From the article,
" But the appellate judges ruled that every state must guarantee constitutional rights, including abortion."

That, plus the Supreme court saying the second amendment is an "individual right" and not just for militias, as the anti-gun crowd wants to interpret it, and then the SC in a later case ruled that the states can not take away constitutional rights, so, I'm confident that these type bans on legally owning and carrying a firearm for self defense, are on the way out.

Paul
Sunny Boy

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Flyer5 wrote:http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/26219-the-women-on-the-view-talk-guns-you-re-about-to-be-totally-blown-away

Wow. Was not expecting that.
I'm On Fire