Efel Ambassador 420 Fire Fence

Freespirit
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Pea or Nut

Post by Freespirit » Wed. Aug. 06, 2014 6:08 pm

I bought a new fire fence for my Efel ambassador 420 through Woodsman parts I will upload pictures of this. The one I got did not match the one in the picture in the catalogue so I called them and talked with Rachel she looked at the picture and admitted that they have 2 pictures with the exact same order number. The one I have has two bars on each side that do not go all the way up the one I got has one on each side which makes it about an inch short on each side. I am not sure about using this because coal can go up against the glass where there is a gap. When I talked to Rachel she said they have a foundry that makes their parts and if I had a good one they could make a cast and a new one. Obviously if I ordered a new one it is because mine is not in good shape it is warped and cracked. Rachel also said I can send the part back at my expense and they will wave the restocking fee. I also know people on here have talked about replacing parts in their stoves I would like to know how this is done I need to replace what I believe is called the front vase and side vases in the fire box they are warped. When I use the three clean outs in the front of the stove with the slicing knife the middle one I can not get the knife in all the way because of the warping that is going on. I will also upload pictures of them. I have never done this before so any help I can get on how to replace the parts is appreciated. I am also going to list a link for woodsman parts where you can put in the category which brand stove and make and it will bring up all the parts for your stove including the Efel's. If anyone knows where I can get a fire fence exactly like mine I would appreciate it.
http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/68/catalogs/Wood ... rence.html
I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Freespirit
Efel stove 036.jpg
.JPG | 158.1KB | Efel stove 036.jpg
Efel stove 037.jpg
.JPG | 146.7KB | Efel stove 037.jpg
Efel stove 035.jpg
.JPG | 142KB | Efel stove 035.jpg
Inside parts Efel 001.jpg
.JPG | 112.2KB | Inside parts Efel 001.jpg
Inside parts Efel 002.jpg