Bad Crash at Sprint Race.

labman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by labman » Tue. Aug. 12, 2014 9:07 pm

I last drove a winged sprint 20 years ago. I can tell you there is very limited field of vision, especially to your right side. The front area of sight is like a large mail slot; roughly 22 x 16 inches. You can't really even see your front wheels. To your right side you have a head restraint made into the seat, and a rock guard panel that you can just see over. Add the new generation of full coverage helmets to that. These guys depend on peripheral vision on that side. To infer that he would try to injure someone on the track is irresponsible to say the least.
The lure of racing this type of car is the danger. That is what made it soooo much fun for me.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Aug. 12, 2014 11:38 pm

labman wrote:ITo infer that he would try to injure someone on the track is irresponsible to say the least.
I don't think anyone is trying to say he pointed the car at him to hit him, what they are saying is he might of tried to get close to him to scare him a little.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Wed. Aug. 13, 2014 12:02 am

This sport defines the term "nice guys finish last and Tony Stewart is one of the best. When we watch racing we route for anyone that will beat #24 don't ask why, my wife is from Virginia and she say's that just a rule. The adrenaline these guys are on is the reason they race and they live on the edge. Like the Romans and their fights to the death, (considered a sport then), we watch racing not just to watch cars go around in circles and unfortunately Kevin Ward jr. paid the ultimate price for his bad decision and I'm sure Tony Stewart wishes it never happened.

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Wed. Aug. 13, 2014 5:12 am

That slow mo vid is pretty good, it sure looks like tony had his brakes on just prior to the "hit" (his wheels are locked you can see)... because tony car is slightly angled for the turn as well as the track being being slightly sloping, the second tony hit his brakes the car started to slightly skid/turn in a way that allowed the rear wheel to catch/hit Ward. It almost would have been better if Tony did not touch his brake at all (it would have been really close, but I think the fact Tony had his brakes on and that ever so so slight skid is what caught Ward)... I do not think It was intentional, I know pro drivers can do very detailed things with a car... but if he wanted to hit him he would have just hit him! he would not have locked up his brakes to slid his car ever so purposefully to whack him with the rear wheel "just so it looks legit".... no way.... this is pure a tragic accident and Im sorry for Wards family (It was bad mistake Ward made and hopefully others will learn from it).

labman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by labman » Wed. Aug. 13, 2014 5:46 am

Richard S. wrote:
labman wrote:ITo infer that he would try to injure someone on the track is irresponsible to say the least.
I don't think anyone is trying to say he pointed the car at him to hit him, what they are saying is he might of tried to get close to him to scare him a little.
I beg to differ. He has been tried and convicted both here and in the general media. Objectively read the posts and news stories. By people that hope he is guilty. These same people that are experts, but don't know jack *censored* about it. Most have never seen a sprint car race, or any race on dirt.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Thu. Aug. 14, 2014 9:35 pm

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Thu. Aug. 14, 2014 9:49 pm

This appears to be some sort of sick website. It also has a popular Formula 1 Driver dying in a horrific crash in a race that did not take place because F1 takes most of the month of August off for vacation.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Aug. 14, 2014 10:14 pm

It's a satirical site like the Onion.
About / Disclaimer

Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

Ed.A
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Ed.A » Fri. Aug. 15, 2014 12:50 pm

That Site makes P.T. Barnum proud. :lol:

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Fri. Aug. 15, 2014 2:03 pm

:)

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Fri. Sep. 19, 2014 5:15 pm

FYI; as of last week the Ontario County District Attorney has decided that there is enough evidence in the case to send the evidence to the grand jury to examine and decide if Tony Stewart should be indighted by the current sitting Fall 2014 grand jury of Ontario County, New York.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Sep. 19, 2014 5:28 pm

lzaharis wrote:FYI; as of last week the Ontario County District Attorney has decided that there is enough evidence in the case to send the evidence to the grand jury to examine and decide if Tony Stewart should be indighted by the current sitting Fall 2014 grand jury of Ontario County, New York.
Heard that on the local news.

Since many DA's are looking to move on into politics, I can't help but wonder how much of that was motivated by a political decision?

Paul

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Sep. 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Geeze--would you believe ALL of it--ya know the do-gooder majority voters can't possibly conceive an actual accident--fkn a-holes :mad:

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Fri. Sep. 19, 2014 5:53 pm

The way the current grand jury system is presently rigged, something like 97% to 98% of all cases that go before a grand jury are recommended to go to trial.

Ed.A
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Ed.A » Fri. Sep. 19, 2014 7:21 pm

What's that old saying again..."you can indict a Ham Sandwich " welp, I guess they're going at it again.

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”