Is There Any Stokers With Long Burn Times?

teoracer
Other Heating: wood for now

Post by teoracer » Thu. Aug. 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Is there any stokers available with longer burn time. That look nice for my livingroom. The super mag boasts this but im not shure about investing 3700 in a company that sold to someome else. Like many of my V.C wood units. Cant get parts. Thats why im going with coal now
I have oil radiant heat. So if my heat runs some no big deal. I ski alot and gone 2-3 days every week. So I want to make shure I invest in the right stoker for me.
Thanks for any advice ..

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Aug. 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Someone else will have to chime in here with specifics but a stoker with a hundred+ pound hopper I would think you are easily going to get 2 days out it.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Thu. Aug. 28, 2014 11:14 pm

You may be a little confused, because any stoker fired unit is only limited by the quantity of fuel and the ability to store or remove the ash created. It is not a great idea to leave it unattended for a week at a time, or even a few days. A quick ash bucket removal and a quick visual check make that possible. By the Way: Harman coal unit ownership and product has been purchased by a very reliable manufacturer of all sorts of coal equipment: AHS ( Alternative Heating Systems). Don't over-react without doing a little more homework. You are fine with any stokers, and as you read more you will understand that most are represented here on the NEPA Forum. Check out Leisure Line, and the others.

You are talking about radiant units I assume, because if you had an auger fed and auger ash removal system, you could last for weeks at a time.......still I recommend having some safeguards.

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Fri. Aug. 29, 2014 7:10 am

Us Harman Super Stoker owners love the unit and it's many features. After owning many stoves I'm quite impressed at the quality and workmanship for this stove. See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOkiS9Peq0I love the fact the front air hot air vents can be totally blocked and the air forced into ducting to other rooms. They are made entirely in the U.S. All of the Firehearth products they make are US. The company makes office furniture as well and some of those are made in India,etc. That said some here think Harman is made over seas because. Not so. The company released their annual report with detailed wording about their whole lines.
This unit will hold 110 lbs of Rice. If you are in need of long burns you can easily turn down the temp gauge and stretch it out. It holds the temp in the room or living area to within a degree or two. The ash pan is huge.

Good Luck.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Aug. 29, 2014 7:22 am

The OPs issue was over the sell-off of the Harman coal line products, nothing was said towards country of origin. :roll:
As WN was saying above, the sell-off (only coal line was bought ) actually is a good thing as for the future of that product line. :)

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Fri. Aug. 29, 2014 7:39 am

You could always turn the thermostat down on the stoker and just let it idle while you are away. When you get home, turn it up and let it take over the load.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”