Seeking Coal Boiler

Nate5266
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice Coal

Post by Nate5266 » Fri. Aug. 29, 2014 9:50 am

It's hard to find a coal boiler stoker for sale around here. I would like to get one prior to the winter so I don't have to cut wood for my house with Coal and Propane. Anyone know of a KA-6 or an EFM 520 for sale around Northwest PA? I like the EFM idea with a 55 gal drum, but I have to ask, can the auger be set up on either side of the boiler? I will need the Auger on the right side as the propane boiler will be on the left. I plan to create a coal bin in my basement and was wondering if an auger at the bottom of that feeding a 55 gal drum would work as I would have to be cautious about CO coming out of the drum.

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Fri. Aug. 29, 2014 11:55 am

Nate5266 wrote:It's hard to find a coal boiler stoker for sale around here. I would like to get one prior to the winter so I don't have to cut wood for my house with Coal and Propane. Anyone know of a KA-6 or an EFM 520 for sale around Northwest PA? .............
I don't think you are going to find too many on your side of the state.

Search the classifieds, post in the "wanted" section........PM member Glenn Harris, Scrapper Jr., Matt, etc. There are a few guys here who buy units and refurbish them back to like new again.

But in all reality, I see a trip across Route 6 in your future if you re looking for a used unit.

Rick

Nate5266

Post by Nate5266 » Fri. Aug. 29, 2014 12:47 pm

That seems to be the only solution other than buying a new one.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Fri. Aug. 29, 2014 2:15 pm

I was looking to point you toward a KA-6 in WNY that I seen on CL a couple weeks ago, not too long of a trip for you, but sadly it is no longer listed. :cry:
I thought when you started this thread and talked of a KA-6 and mentioned being 1 hour from Erie that perhaps you had already found it. ;)

tikigeorge

Post by tikigeorge » Sat. Aug. 30, 2014 7:37 am

I have a KA-6 and it is a great boiler. I would keep the other boiler for hot water in the summer.

Nate5266

Post by Nate5266 » Tue. Sep. 02, 2014 12:23 pm

I will use the KA-6 for DHW in the winter but summer it will go back to electric. I have been looking all around and cant find much. All that I can find is brand new and I wouldnt mind going that route if the dealers wouldnt mark it up so much.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”