Harmon TLC 2000

ken kubu

Post by ken kubu » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 5:34 am

Hello All,

Maybe someone can offer a little guidance. My son has a TLC 2000. Extreme wear in the shaker handle to grate shaft. The play is not in the grates but the shaft. The excessive movement causes coal to get stuck and lock up the grates. The shaker handle moves 3'' before the grates move. Pulled the grates,firebrick,handle off. The shaft is or seems to be welded in place with collars.
No way to get a grinder in there to cut the thing off ?

How the H_ll do you repair this ? Anyone have any experience with this , seems like a crap design.

thanks ken

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 7:53 am

I'm not exactly sure of the shaker linkage in the TLC-2000 stove. If it is the same as their Mark III, a few years back I had to get a broken piece of the shaker linkage re-welded on my Mark III and it had to be done with it in place in the stove. Luckily I have a friend that brought his trailered welder over or I would have had to take the stove back up the basement steps to get it to him.

This was on a two month old stove and Harman's customer service at the time consisted of me finding a welder, me getting them to fix it, me paying them and me submitting the bill to Harman for re-imbursement. My friend would have done it for nothing, but I wanted Harman to have to pay him so I dogged them and the dealer for about 2 months to get him his money.

AHS has bought out the Harman coal line so your chances of better customer service have improved dramatically.

In case you haven't found it already, the link below has a parts diagram for the stove.

http://legacystoves.com/index.php?page=downloads-3

ken kubu

Post by ken kubu » Wed. Sep. 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. My son called harmon. The new owners were really responsive. They said; it was a bad design . Replacement parts ordered. They suggested a small grinder and saws all to cut the old critter out.

We'll let everyone know how it works out.

Ken

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Sep. 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanx for the"Rest Of The Story" Feedback! Nice to Hear that AHS(Legacy),the New Owners' of The Former Harman Coal Designs are On The Job ! Keep Us Posted! :up:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”