My Neighbor Spotted My Coal

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 11:41 am

confedsailor wrote:Well the upside to Bozrah, you'll have BL&P vice CL&P. However the taxes are super low in Lisbon. Plainfield isn't too bad, other than the 5-O like to hang out in Moosup because of the head shop.
Thanks for the heads up but are saying druggies are in Plainfield or Moosup or what? The 5-0 biker types?

SheepDog68
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Harmony Nut, Lehigh Nut
Other Heating: Happy thoughts, good wool and a little propane.

Post by SheepDog68 » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 12:38 pm

ddahlgren wrote:Oh they complain about most anything. A while back they spotted me putting my target rifle in my car and equally horrified and never thrilled with the wood my Corvette is too loud it is an endless list ever expanding. I am sure they wish I would move as much as I wish they would. I have lived here for 50 years and they 7 so basically I just don't even recognize their opinion to be honest. I do want to find a small place in the country and ideally be 600 sq. ft. with a 1500 sq. ft. shop and a long off the street driveway.
You could always play with their heads while your at it!

If they like to watch what your doing you should be play acting with a nice gas mask, gloves (bright yellow of course) and a cheap tyvek suit. A garden sprayer spraying clean up water around any area you just worked (and the property line of course) might send them over the edge so is not generally recommend unless your theatrical performance includes warning signage in nice bright colors.

SD

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Biker types??? you're kiddin me right :clap: toothy
ddahlgren wrote:
confedsailor wrote:Well the upside to Bozrah, you'll have BL&P vice CL&P. However the taxes are super low in Lisbon. Plainfield isn't too bad, other than the 5-O like to hang out in Moosup because of the head shop.
Thanks for the heads up but are saying druggies are in Plainfield or Moosup or what? The 5-0 biker types?

ddahlgren

Post by ddahlgren » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Run of the mill zombie type generally a head shop does not bring stand up folks. I am asking and I guess why bother ask?

confedsailor
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 100 KBtu Chappee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac 513
Other Heating: Oil Fired 1950"s American Standard Arcoliner 132K BTU

Post by confedsailor » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Naw, there is a smoke (head) shop downtown in Moosup. The Plainfield cops like to hang out there, be close at hand in case something happens (doughnut shop there as well) . Meanwhile they are watching for speeders in the 25mph zone like hawks. It's a blue collar town, and you get some of the bad with the good.

You might have noticed a general disdain for CL&P and (by extension NU) in my posts. I'm a bit biased, I work for Norwich Public Utilities. We do everything the investor owned utilities do, better, for less, and with real customer service. If Norwich taxes weren't ridiculous I'd say come up to the Rose City.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 1:02 pm

We used to make weekly roadtrips to that place in my younger days ... or should I say ... DAZE. :lol:

I still remember the exit number - 89A, so I didn't fry all of them ... :D

confedsailor
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 100 KBtu Chappee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac 513
Other Heating: Oil Fired 1950"s American Standard Arcoliner 132K BTU

Post by confedsailor » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Why you drivin down here Smitty? my navy buddy from Attleboro told me that the best skunkweed was out in North Adams :D

ddahlgren

Post by ddahlgren » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 4:32 pm

confedsailor wrote:Naw, there is a smoke (head) shop downtown in Moosup. The Plainfield cops like to hang out there, be close at hand in case something happens (doughnut shop there as well) . Meanwhile they are watching for speeders in the 25mph zone like hawks. It's a blue collar town, and you get some of the bad with the good.

You might have noticed a general disdain for CL&P and (by extension NU) in my posts. I'm a bit biased, I work for Norwich Public Utilities. We do everything the investor owned utilities do, better, for less, and with real customer service. If Norwich taxes weren't ridiculous I'd say come up to the Rose City.
I have CL&P and not a happy shopper easy to get that.

Ed.A
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Ed.A » Mon. Sep. 15, 2014 6:01 pm

DD, only 2 reasons to go Plainfield, NY Pizza Co. and Northeast Liquor. Can't really think of any reason to go to Moosup unless your heading to Sterling or back way into RI. :lol:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”