Michigan Coal Co-Op $275-$300 Ton

revtim
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: keystoker
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: FALP

Post by revtim » Wed. Aug. 20, 2014 6:40 am

I'm new on this board and to coal stoves in general but I am sold on them. The problem in Michigan is supply of coal and the price. This seems to be true throughout Michigan but most predominately in the lower half of the state. I've seen more than a few posts from people wanting to join together on a truckload and that seems to be the best idea so since there isn't any organization to this concept, I am going to build one in the hopes.. that like was the case for Ray Kinsella in Field of Dreams... that if I build it, they will come.

I already have 8 tons spoken for and need another 14 to form a load. I'm working on a location to have it delivered to and for a method of delivery if that is desired as well. If there is enough interest, I can improve the system and we can actually have loads delivered geographically convenient based upon those signing up. I know that coal users in Michigan use more than a few truckloads each year so, we can all save quite a bit by working together a little. I think I can do it and keep the cost of those annual pre-orders around the $275-$300 a ton range depending upon the expense in offloading and storage. I'll have those details worked out within the next week or so... given sufficient interest.

I'm going to try to eventually do it with bulk too but, that's going to require a little more in the way of logistics and infrastructure. You can post your interest here or you can email me at info (at) MichiganCoalStoves.com

In about a week, I will have the co-op website up and running. It will be at http://MichiganCoal.com

With a little cooperation, I know I can make this work for all of us and we can all enjoy the amazing Michigan summers without having to wonder in the back of our minds where we're going to get our coal for winter.
Thanks for your interest.

Black Gold

Post by Black Gold » Wed. Oct. 01, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm interested in purchasing 7 skids
Black Gold

Black Gold

Post by Black Gold » Wed. Oct. 01, 2014 1:17 pm

For 2015 I would buy 12 skids half of the truck load
Black Gold

coalway

Post by coalway » Wed. Nov. 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Did you guys end up getting a truck load? If not, I did, and I am willing to join the coop to make getting coal in the future easier, I have truck loads here at a price of 300$ a ton or 6$ a bag, located in blissfield, mi

Black Gold

Post by Black Gold » Thu. Nov. 20, 2014 7:24 am

Coalway I need coal today

Black Gold

Post by Black Gold » Thu. Nov. 20, 2014 7:26 am

Do you have stove coal?
What is your address

coalway

Post by coalway » Thu. Nov. 20, 2014 11:55 am

The coal is rice coal, blaschak is the brand, give me a call at 5174258462 my name is eric.

revtim

Post by revtim » Fri. Nov. 21, 2014 6:28 am

coalaway, nice to see there is a current supply in this area. what is your delivery charge and your minimum order to deliver or is that a delivered price?

coalway

Post by coalway » Fri. Nov. 21, 2014 8:21 am

We are easy going, it would be nice to deal with whole pallets instead of breaking down the skids, the delivery charge would depend on distance. Thanks

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Fri. Nov. 21, 2014 8:36 am

Are you affiliated with Coalway, LLC in Apple Creek, Ohio?

coalway

Post by coalway » Fri. Nov. 21, 2014 11:51 am

No affiliation with that company, we don't have a company name just working individually

pmich61
Stoker Coal Boiler: keystoker kb-8
Other Heating: propane

Post by pmich61 » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 10:17 am

I'm wondering if you got this coal co-op up and running and how its working out? Do you plan on doing this next year? There are a few of us that live up in the north that might be interested in this idea.

revtim

Post by revtim » Tue. Jan. 06, 2015 10:37 am

I wasn't able to get it done for this year but hope to have enough players for it to work well next fall. If you're interested, let me know.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”