My Local True Value Has Eastern Ice Co Bagged Nut Coal...

Rich W.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Vigilant Multi-Fuel (coal for me); Vermont Castings Vigilant 2310 in the shop
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: System 2000 Oil Burner; VC Resolute Woodstove (sold) Jotul 8 Woodstove (sold)

Post by Rich W. » Fri. Oct. 10, 2014 6:48 am

Nice story. I didn't say that the mark up was not justified nor worthy. I own a small business which sells at a retail margin in exchange for value added services, so I get it. Note my words "convenience" and "neighbors." For them a substantial mark up my be a bargain. Thanks for sharing.

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Fri. Oct. 10, 2014 7:58 am

If you look at the holding costs and taxes there is not much money to be made on a 10 bag of coal you paid 7.50 for. 15 years ago it was plenty not so much anymore. I don't have any employees thank God with all the new health care laws and so many more that don't want to be productive and pay their fair share. The current mentality is stick your hand out and see you can get for not working. Between illegals and fraud in SSID payments it is pretty grim out there.SS is not a hand out as paid into and if I was allowed to keep and invest modestly with it the payout would be 4 times what it is for the investment, but I digress from the price they charge for coal.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”