Leisure Line Pocono Questions...

Protrucker
Stoker Coal Boiler: in the future....when home renovation is done. (radiant floor)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pocono, Keystoker & Leisure Line Li'l Heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning #523, Coal Chubby, Floral Gem #519 & one other Warm Morning stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut & Rice
Other Heating: Propane fired forced hot air

Post by Protrucker » Fri. Oct. 17, 2014 10:07 am

I have a few questions about the Leisure Line Pocono.

I’ve been looking for a coal stoker stove for my house & checked out the Leisure Line web site. I had pretty much decided that the one I was most interested in is the Leisure Line Pocono. Purely by luck, the next day (yesterday) I found out about a used Leisure Line Pocono for sale at a considerable savings over buying a new one.
* Have there been any production changes in this model stove, where an older one may not be as good as a new one?
* If so, what should I look for?
* Could you also advise me of any possible issues that I should look for when I go to check it out?
* What signs would flag me that I shouldn’t buy it?
* Can I hook it up to a good masonry chimney without using a power venter?
* Can this stove be converted to a back vent instead of top vent?
I may have some clearance issues with the existing hood that's over my current Warm Morning stove.

It’s a lousy picture, but here’s the Pocono that I’m going to look at:

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 9:06 am

Protrucker wrote:I have a few questions about the Leisure Line Pocono.

I’ve been looking for a coal stoker stove for my house & checked out the Leisure Line web site. I had pretty much decided that the one I was most interested in is the Leisure Line Pocono. Purely by luck, the next day (yesterday) I found out about a used Leisure Line Pocono for sale at a considerable savings over buying a new one.
* Have there been any production changes in this model stove, where an older one may not be as good as a new one?
* If so, what should I look for?
* Could you also advise me of any possible issues that I should look for when I go to check it out?
* What signs would flag me that I shouldn’t buy it?
* Can I hook it up to a good masonry chimney without using a power venter?
* Can this stove be converted to a back vent instead of top vent?
I may have some clearance issues with the existing hood that's over my current Warm Morning stove.

It’s a lousy picture, but here’s the Pocono that I’m going to look at:

The biggest difference is the one pictured is only 90kbtu. When they were changed to 110kbtu the door was also changed to the O style. The older Poconos can be upgraded if wanted.

Protrucker
Stoker Coal Boiler: in the future....when home renovation is done. (radiant floor)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pocono, Keystoker & Leisure Line Li'l Heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning #523, Coal Chubby, Floral Gem #519 & one other Warm Morning stove

Post by Protrucker » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 9:27 am

He claims that it's a 110,000 BTU stove.
What would need to be done to upgrade it & how much would it cost?

Protrucker

Post by Protrucker » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Ok, I called the guy back & he swears that it's a 110,000 BTU stove, but admitted that he got his information from the Leisure Line web site. He also told me that the stove does not have the Coal-Trol. He wants $1400 for this used stove that doesn't meet the newer production spec's. When I add in the cost ($349.00 - $424.00) of adding a Coal-Trol & it will still be a lower BTU output than a new Pocono stove, that's kind of a high price isn't it?
A nearby dealer quoted me a price of $2695 + tax for a new Pocono & said that they include 400 pounds of coal free.

Anyone know where in NEPA to find a better price for a new Pocono?

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sat. Oct. 18, 2014 5:06 pm

$2695 + tax = 1 new LL Pocono , 110k BTU with the Coal trol +400# of coal ($50) Brand new ?? That's all ???

Protrucker

Post by Protrucker » Sun. Oct. 19, 2014 6:45 am

windyhill4.2 wrote:$2695 + tax = 1 new LL Pocono , 110k BTU with the Coal trol +400# of coal ($50) Brand new ?? That's all ???
What are you saying?
Are you trying to say that is a good price, or asking if that's all you get for that price? :?

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Oct. 19, 2014 8:25 am

That sounds like a good deal to me :) If you think you are not getting enough for the money,you might try talking the dealer into giving you another 500# of coal.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sun. Oct. 19, 2014 8:31 am

That's what I paid 5 years ago and it was the 90,000 BTU model.
Get a new one. Just make sure you see one running and understand
how they work before buying one.

Protrucker

Post by Protrucker » Fri. Oct. 24, 2014 5:10 am

I ordered the stove. My total price, taxes included was $2910.60 for the Leisure Line Pocono & 400 pounds of bagged oil rinsed rice coal. The waiting game for the stove is on. This weekend I have my work cut out for me, getting the garage cleaned out so that I have room to get the stove in. There's five motorcycles & an Allis Chalmers farm tractor in there right now.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”