Harman Super Magnum Coal Stoker & Distribution Blower Settin

zags5274
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman super magnum stoker

Post by zags5274 » Mon. Oct. 20, 2014 9:07 pm

When you blow the hot air to the upstairs from the Harman Super Magnum Coal Stoker, should you have the distribution blower set to high or low setting?

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Mon. Oct. 20, 2014 11:15 pm

It really all depends on your heat load. You might find shoulder months spring and fall on low, and winter high is the way to go. Remember with coal low and slow is typical.

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Tue. Oct. 21, 2014 7:58 am

I don't agree with High is the way to go. On our SuperMags you can set it to just above Low and when the demand for more heat comes it will increase to the speed it needs to keep the house within a degree or two. If needed it will increase to High as well. My coal dealer has 2 SuperMag's and told me this and thank you to him. I used to set it on High and it would blow loud and hard then shut down then keep repeating itself. By setting it just above Low it will regulate itself. Be quiet most of the time and get the job done.
During these temps now I have it on Low only. It keeps my home perfect and never hear the blower much. As it still increases when heat is called for.

zags5274
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman super magnum stoker

Post by zags5274 » Tue. Oct. 21, 2014 10:24 am

Captcaper when you switched from the high setting to the low setting did you notice if you were burning more, less, or the same amount of coal?

captcaper

Post by captcaper » Wed. Oct. 22, 2014 5:55 pm

zags5274 wrote:Captcaper when you switched from the high setting to the low setting did you notice if you were burning more, less, or the same amount of coal?
I don't think there is a more or less burning. The ash always looks good and it keeps us within a degree. So I can't see how it would use more or less. I would be getting too hot or not warm enough. The bottom line is that the ash is good looking and your warm.
If your cold your not burning enough if your too hot your burning too much right? So set the temp were you want it and keep the blower setting just above low.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”