New DS Kozy King 100 Install

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Oct. 28, 2014 8:01 pm

That furnace looks outstanding LDP, nice job on the install. Give dad all the credit he was there supervising yah' know ;)

LDPosse

Post by LDPosse » Tue. Oct. 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Been a busy weekend and start to this week. Hoping to finish up the wiring and ductwork thurs-fri this week before the weather turns cold! I'll post an update when it's all done!

LDPosse

Post by LDPosse » Sun. Nov. 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Got the Kozy King install completed on Friday, just in time for the cold weather to arrive!

The only downside I see with this furnace, and I imagine is the case with any hand fed furnace, is it can only be dialed back so far. I have the fire set to idle, which means no blue ladies, all you can see is some red down inside the coal bed, and the top layer of coal isn't even ignited. There is no call for heat, but the circulator fan cycles on and off to keep the plenum temp under 150°F.

Last night and today, the wind was howling and temps dropped to near freezing, then struggled into the 40s by afternoon, and the house was holding steady at 70°.

i'm impressed with the amount of heat recovered from the burned coal. The stack temps are unbelieveably low.
image.jpg

Front view kozy king installed

.JPG | 126KB | image.jpg
image.jpg

Kozy king side installed

.JPG | 150.3KB | image.jpg
image.jpg

Kozy king controls

.JPG | 126.7KB | image.jpg
image.jpg

Kozy king idle stack temp

.JPG | 67KB | image.jpg
image.jpg

Kozy king idle collar temp

.JPG | 88.9KB | image.jpg
image.jpg

Kozy king idle chimney temp

.JPG | 128KB | image.jpg

I'm On Fire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Post by I'm On Fire » Mon. Nov. 03, 2014 11:13 am

That's a nice furnace. I had originally looked at a furnace when I was replacing the Chubby. But I figured my basement is too damp and too small for it to sit unfired in the summer. It would just get ruined. So, I went with the 1600 in the living room. I've always said that when we move; if we go to another place where heating the house is an issue that I'd like to get a stoker or furnace.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”