Capture.JPG
.JPG | 194.6KB | Capture.JPG

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Oct. 26, 2014 4:04 pm

SMITTY wrote:I got nuthin ... :(
In the Search box at the very top of the screen, enter "coal" instead of the product number.
It should show you a bunch of product pictures, one of which is a bag of coal. At least it does for me.

Or enter product number "110081799". I originally found it as 1100817 but now it finds nothing without the longer number.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sun. Oct. 26, 2014 4:39 pm

rberq wrote:In the Search box at the very top of the screen, enter "coal" instead of the product number.
It should show you a bunch of product pictures, one of which is a bag of coal. At least it does for me.
If you click on the picture, and then click on find a store and enter zip code it will show which stores in your area have it.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Sun. Oct. 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Yeah no luck searching the rice SKU, the nut SKU works fine. I just picked up 5 bags of rice to give it a try, I like red ash coal so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

bvill9
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Gnome
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000

Post by bvill9 » Mon. Oct. 27, 2014 10:56 am

Picked up two tons of Rice from TSC, Flanders NJ. 07836. they have two more tons in stock.

alpineboard
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert 600
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Tarm 202
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman HXL, 150, Crane 88, Crane 404
Other Heating: Solar

Post by alpineboard » Mon. Oct. 27, 2014 3:34 pm

The kimmel nut coal that I got last week from tractor supply is red ash coal, I like it too. R

voodoochylde
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Modified Combustioneer 77b w/1000cfm blower
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Locke Warm Morning 818
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hitzer 55FA (not currently in operation)

Post by voodoochylde » Wed. Oct. 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Tractor supply in Ronceverte, WV has Kimmel's nut in stock. I just brought home 400 lbs to try...

ur12
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: hitzer 608
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: geo thermal waterfurnace

Post by ur12 » Sat. Nov. 01, 2014 7:52 am

The number must not be in the online system

Attachments

image.jpg
.JPG | 162.7KB | image.jpg

alpineboard
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert 600
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Tarm 202
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman HXL, 150, Crane 88, Crane 404
Other Heating: Solar

Post by alpineboard » Sat. Nov. 01, 2014 8:48 am

How does the 5% discount work? magic words?, coupon code?
I think my local store now, Stocks it, meaning that it is in the stores computer operating system. No more special order. So if any one buys the pallet that is there, another one will show up automatically ordered... just a guess by me. Because that is what happened when I was the first to order a pallet. A week went by and another pallet showed up, the manager thought the second pallet was mine.

Seagrave1963
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC2000
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric heat pumps, propane fireplace

Post by Seagrave1963 » Sat. Nov. 01, 2014 9:02 am

alpineboard wrote:How does the 5% discount work? magic words?, coupon code?
I think my local store now, Stocks it, meaning that it is in the stores computer operating system. No more special order. So if any one buys the pallet that is there, another one will show up automatically ordered... just a guess by me. Because that is what happened when I was the first to order a pallet. A week went by and another pallet showed up, the manager thought the second pallet was mine.
The clerk at the Dover, DE store said the 5% discount is their standard for any complete pallet purchase of pellets or coal as there is less labor/time needed on the retail end. You may have to remind the clerk at check out.

Edit: I requested a rain check on additional purchases and the pallets were put in my name and the store called when they arrived.

Wanna Bee
Location: You wouldn't believe me if I told ya! Virginville PA

Post by Wanna Bee » Sat. Nov. 01, 2014 10:36 pm

TSC in Temple, PA just outside Reading, had 40lbs bags of Kimmel nut for $4.99 today.

First time I have ever seen it in the stores.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Nov. 02, 2014 7:32 am

Stopped by my closest TS last evening & asked about coal, this kids face brightened up & he said sure we have some pallets out back. When I asked about rice he said no it's bigger so I asked about ordering rice & he said he didn't think they could do that. So I asked to see the manager & he got some woman that didn't even know there was any coal so I asked about ordering some rice coal in & she said they only get stuff like that by the full pallet so I said I'd take it by the full pallet, she then said she didn't think she could do that. At this point I was looking for hidden cameras & waiting for some type of crew or a punchline but anyway if Meadville is nearby they have some (didn't say how many but they did say several at one point) as for rice I'll try again & hope for a different comedy team.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Sun. Nov. 02, 2014 8:25 am

samhill wrote:Stopped by my closest TS last evening & asked about coal, this kids face brightened up & he said sure we have some pallets out back. When I asked about rice he said no it's bigger so I asked about ordering rice & he said he didn't think they could do that. So I asked to see the manager & he got some woman that didn't even know there was any coal so I asked about ordering some rice coal in & she said they only get stuff like that by the full pallet so I said I'd take it by the full pallet, she then said she didn't think she could do that. At this point I was looking for hidden cameras & waiting for some type of crew or a punchline but anyway if Meadville is nearby they have some (didn't say how many but they did say several at one point) as for rice I'll try again & hope for a different comedy team.
...haha both times I have purchased coal there I walk up to the register empty handed and the clerk quickly asks, "you want to buy some pellets sir?" as they pull the card with the pellet SKU# from it's resting place next to the register.
I reply, "no, I want to buy some coal!", I get the stuttering response..oh..ah..where is that card, as they stumble looking for the 3 ring binder and the right page, flipping back and forth until with great enthusiasm, "here it is sir" "..now how can I help you?"
What we need to do is start writing, calling, and e mailing district and or regional managers of TSC and tell them "I want to give you lots of money but I can't!

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Nov. 02, 2014 9:34 am

michaelanthony wrote:... they stumble looking for the 3 ring binder
When I asked about the 5% discount for a pallet, they found their 3 ring binder and looked at the front page and didn't find a discount listed. Of course they didn't have any coal to sell me anyhow. :(

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”