Uae Nut Coal (Dirty as the Day Is Long!!!)

simpleashell
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1983 Alaska Kodiak Parlor stove
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: Godspeed none!!

Post by simpleashell » Thu. Nov. 20, 2014 5:15 am

Purchased 2 tons of nut coal from uae in mt carmel and it was full of fines and dirty as the day is long. I didnt want to post negative until I have burned for a while. I am a month into burning and it requires alot of attention due to fines and clinkers. Luckily with all the clinkers and attention I am going through it rather quickly!! I just started hand screening every bucket and has gotten much better but isn't that their job?? Just dissapointing. I will be getting next load from somewhere else and am open to suggestions.
Good day all and godspeed,

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Thu. Nov. 20, 2014 7:18 am

UAE went out of business and the mine and distribution was purchased by another firm. You may have realized that their coal is cheaper than most others around and now you know why. They don't do the deep shaft mine anymore like UAE did. They are getting their coal from several strip mines and blending it. Less processing, less cost to them, higher profits. Some folks don't mind the fines and such.

There are lots of other places to pick up coal in the Mt. Carmel area within about 10 miles. LOTS of places. What kind of coal are you looking for? Nut?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”