Who Is up and Running, Who Is Holding Out?

EPugs45
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Nut Coal
Other Heating: Oil Furnace/Propane Stove

Post by EPugs45 » Tue. Nov. 18, 2014 7:39 am

I was holding out until I came to visit the forums and then I just really wanted to start up the stove, so it's been going since last Wednesday and nice and warm (hot) in here, yesterday was a freakishly warm day, but temps are set to drop again!

gweedow
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Newmac
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite, nut all so Bit.
Other Heating: Oil

Post by gweedow » Fri. Nov. 21, 2014 8:07 am

Down here in Southwest Pa., I fired up off and on middle of Oct. Mainly because I got 30 bags of Kimmel coal from Tractor Supply around first of Oct. Nice clean burning. But I just went to a supply yard 23 miles from me to pick up a ton of loose nut coal to last me for maybe 2 months. If you try and do a rain check order from tractor supply, they don't know when you will get it. So Later on in the month to come, I will do a rain check order and just wait for the bags to come in since I picked up a ton from the supply yard. In any event, even though it is a little more at the yard, I will still deal with them. Because of a sure supply and they are very nice people. It would be good to keep calling TS stores and asking if they got there supply in yet. Let them know the big demand for it. That may help by having them bring in a steady supply like they do with there wood pellets.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”