Harman TLC 2000, Burning Wood

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Sun. Feb. 20, 2011 11:09 am

These are air tight stoves. Before you shake rev up the fire, turn off the blower, shake with the ash door closed, wait 10 seconds and open ash door to check if you shook enough. if not close ash door and repeat until you see a nice reflected glow and a few coals in the ash pan. Leave ash pan door open. Then you can reload. leave a corner open and burning blue flame until the new coal catches and turns blue then finish the corner.
I usually wait until my stack temp gets to about 200 degrees and then close the ash door and set the draft. Turn the blower back on. It will settle down to where ever you set the draft to. NEVER WALK AWAY AND LEAVE THE ASH DOOR OPEN.

EasyRay
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Sun. Feb. 20, 2011 11:19 am

GaryFerg wrote:How about dust inside the house? Is the stove pretty tight?
If your going to burn wood there are over the fire air adjustments on each side off the stove. When burning coal those stay closed.

GaryFerg
Stoker Coal Boiler: KA6 Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Nut
Other Heating: oil

Post by GaryFerg » Tue. Jan. 03, 2012 9:10 am

Thats what I do but I am finding alot more dust "grey" in the house. Could it be coming out the Baro Damper?

pabound

Post by pabound » Mon. Nov. 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Not sure if anyone priced these recently. I bought a Harman TLC 2000 with a blower today in Duncansville PA and it was $2500. Quite the price increase over the 2008 price listed on here earlier.

As long as it preforms as well as everyone states I think it'll be worth the cost.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”