Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac Gotha 513
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Pea Anthracite

Post by ElCamMan515 » Tue. Nov. 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Temps are taken during full burn when t-stat is calling for heat

AlbanyTurf
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker koker lite
Other Heating: FHA oil furnace

Post by AlbanyTurf » Sat. Nov. 29, 2014 2:27 pm

I attached a photo of my setup and of grates at full fire. Any and all help would be great!

Attachments

image.jpg
.JPG | 83.3KB | image.jpg
image.jpg
.JPG | 85.2KB | image.jpg

Mikeeg02
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Old Alaska Kodiak Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Pea

Post by Mikeeg02 » Sat. Nov. 29, 2014 2:39 pm

I would make certain you don't have fines built up under your grates. I know on my Alaska, I had a thicker bed of hot coals. And the vee shape you have with a dwindling outer edge makes me think you may have some fines in there that need cleaned up. And if you shut down to do so, also make sure all of your air holes are open.

jud426

Post by jud426 » Wed. Dec. 10, 2014 6:25 am

I was wondering what kind of coal you guys are using to get these stove temperatures. This is my first year with the koker lite direct vent. My flame and draft are good but I can only get about 400 degrees at full burn with about 1" of ash. it idles around 150.

ElCamMan515
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker K-Lite
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac Gotha 513
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Pea Anthracite

Post by ElCamMan515 » Wed. Dec. 10, 2014 7:43 am

Jud426 - I opened the flap on the combustion fan and turned up the feed rate (added more fuel and air). When t-stat is calling for heat are flames touching top of stove? If not, you will need to increase feed rate and possibly open flap on combustion fan, this will result in higher temps so draft may need to be adjusted.

I have seen 626* on IR gun when t-stat has been calling for heat on front of stove, when t-stat is not calling for heat, I have everything set for stove to idle around 450* (I've noticed that t-stat calls for heat less, and house is plenty warm all the time.) My 2200 sq ft 2 story house has stayed at a constant 71* according to digital indoor/outdoor thermo in living room.

Also do you have your draft set with a Manometer - I have my draft set between -.02 to -.03, per Keystoker this is the draft setting where stove is most efficient.

Make sure you are going to be home for a few hours while you make adjustments, as it will take about an hour to see any results of adjustments. Also make sure you make small adjustments over a slow period rather than a big adjustment, so you avoid overfire.

This is also my first year with my Koker Lite and once you get it "dialed-in" you will love the heat it puts out.

Tim

jud426

Post by jud426 » Wed. Dec. 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Alright thanks for the tips, looks like I have some tinkering to do. Max temp I've seen is 400.

Justin

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”