Amazing Water Repellent

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sat. Dec. 20, 2014 8:26 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I picked 'House, Gardening and DIY Projects'. Ultra Ever Dry. Interesting stuff. Wonder how long it lasts?

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sat. Dec. 20, 2014 8:30 pm

A similar product (the same perhaps?) is available form Rust-Oleum as "Never Wet".

top top

Post by top top » Mon. Dec. 22, 2014 9:37 am

When it first became available I ordered the Never Wet kit from HD. My intention was to treat some clothes before the family went to the beach. Thought it would be a good prank to have several "Men In Black" type guys walk up out of the surf onto a crowded beach but be totally dry. Sort of a modern version of Orson Welles "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast. As a test I treated the shorts I wear in the pool. Long story short, it didn't work. It repelled water that was poured or sprayed on, but once submerged it was completely ineffective. I also treated a cardboard box and used it to hold ice & drinks, that worked very well, although a throwaway Styrofoam cooler would have been better & cheaper. My grandson treated his sneakers, that worked great, but I don't know how long it lasted. It sprays on like paint, one can is like primer and the other is the finish.
Last edited by top top on Mon. Dec. 22, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scoobydoo
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer LE top vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by scoobydoo » Mon. Dec. 22, 2014 10:03 am

I've looked into a few of these Nanotechnology water resistant sprays.It seems the coating just sits on top of whatever you spray it on.Once you brush the sprayed object against something,the coating rubs off.The Ultra-Ever Dry manufacturer really makes you want this stuff by stating "Ultra-Ever Dry is approved for sale to industrial and commercial entities and, without EPA consumer approval, it cannot be sold to consumers".I use the water repellent stuff from Payless shoes.It works good enough.

Return to “House, Gardening & DIY Projects”