Getting Fustrated

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Fri. Dec. 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Glad to hear you are making progress! The 02 draft is on the firebox, correct? what is the draft on the flue pipe?

AlbanyTurf
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker koker lite
Other Heating: FHA oil furnace

Post by AlbanyTurf » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 2:02 pm

StokerDon wrote:
Lightning wrote:So nobody has asked where the thermostat is located.. Could a warm air run be blowing on it making it think the call is being satisfied??
Lee,

The stove thermometer is only reading 200 degrees. Thats about 400 degrees short of where it needs to be. The real problem seems to be a positvly pressurized firebox. Putting in enough combustion air to make a good hot fire is impossible because it can't be exauhsted.

After reading through this thread, I am suprized that non of the Koker guys suggested cleaning out the heat exchanger tubes. The Koker Lites have 2 tubes that run from the ash pit up to the flue coller, that is how the stove exahusts. If there is something (flyash, packing matirial, ect...) stuck in one of these tubes there will be very little draft. To get to these tubes you need to pull the pipe off of the stove and stick a boiler tube brush or something down there to be sure it's 100% clear.

By the way Albany, very interesting little problem you've got here. You seem to have everyone's attention, we will get this figured out with your help.

-Don
Don,

I have a bottom left (facing stove) exhaust. Where would I look for these tubes? Thanks!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 2:17 pm

That's interesting. So, your exhaust comes out the bottom, not the top. That means there is no heat exchange pipes like on a Koker lite, sorry for the confusion.

The exhaust is on the bottom so, just be sure the ashpan doesn't get in the way of the exhaust outlet. If you are using a round one, it shouln't be a problem.

-Don

AlbanyTurf

Post by AlbanyTurf » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 2:50 pm

StokerDon wrote:That's interesting. So, your exhaust comes out the bottom, not the top. That means there is no heat exchange pipes like on a Koker lite, sorry for the confusion.

The exhaust is on the bottom so, just be sure the ashpan doesn't get in the way of the exhaust outlet. If you are using a round one, it shouln't be a problem.

-Don
There is a small plate blocks half the exhaust. It hangs on a ledge and I can tell if it is or isn't suppsed to be there.

AlbanyTurf

Post by AlbanyTurf » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Took the combustion blower off after I shut the stove down and found almost a handful of coal inside. So I am sure that was contributing to my Issues, just shop vac the grate and ran a drill bit through holes. Refilled hopper and relit the stove. Also replaced my Honeywell thermostat.

We shall see! Thanks everyone

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Excellent.. Divide and conquer.
The problem is running out of places to hide.. :rambo:

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 7:25 pm

AlbanyTurf wrote:........

There is a small plate blocks half the exhaust. It hangs on a ledge and I can tell if it is or isn't suppsed to be there.
IF it isn't too difficult to remove, try removing it and see if it makes a difference. You can always reinstall it if necessary.

On a call for heat, are your flames reaching the top ??

At full fire, is the burning coals near the end of the grate ???

Rck

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sun. Dec. 21, 2014 10:15 pm

AlbanyTurf wrote:There is a small plate blocks half the exhaust. It hangs on a ledge and I can tell if it is or isn't supposed to be there.
Sure sounds like the baffle plate...in that case it gets left in.

GerryL

Post by GerryL » Thu. Jan. 08, 2015 7:42 am

I found this thread while searching for answers on my stove. So what is the latest here? Inquiring minds want to know how you are making out. :)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”