Kimmel's Dropped by Tractor Supply ???

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Looks like Tractor Supply may have dropped the Kimmel's listing on their website ???

Gotta head up that way, so I just went to the TS website to see if their store near where I'm going has gotten any in stock. I can't find Kimmel's on the site by typing "coal" into the search box, as I usually do. Not even when doing a search by the name "Kimmel" or "Kimmel's".

Well, it was fun while it lasted ,...... :roll:

Paul
Last edited by Sunny Boy on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved: Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews

coalder
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 160
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: wood parlor stove

Post by coalder » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Paul, check out last few posts, "Tractor Supply to carry anthracite". A few have already mentioned that. Most feel that it was a test run for next year. I sure hope so.
Jim

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 12:31 pm

J F Graham wrote:Paul, check out last few posts, "Tractor Supply to carry anthracite". A few have already mentioned that. Most feel that it was a test run for next year. I sure hope so.
Jim
My friend is a manager in the Millinocket, Maine store and his words were, "this was a test sale approach but unfortunately the transportation controlled by Kimmels Coal to our distribution centers could not keep up. This will allow us to prepare for next season with better results."
I give them credit for trying considering they sell coal appliances and should sell the fuel. I am sure they had no idea how many of us were out there. The prices were too good to resist and I'm sure secondary purchases added up nicely as well.

...it doesn't hurt to stick your head in the stores and check as many stores still have coal on the floor!

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 12:35 pm

michaelanthony wrote:...it doesn't hurt to stick your head in the stores and check as many stores still have coal on the floo
Nor does it hurt to tell the manager that YOU WANT THEM to carry coal as well. Like many I think TSC was caught off guard by the demand. My money says they will be stocking coal next year.

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:09 pm

yep according to district manager for the findaly store here in nw oh. it was atest store as were the others and the demand was overwhelming and coudnt keep up etc. but is the list to have this coming seoson ! I hope it all holds true !

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:18 pm

Just a story I heard at our local TSC--to many long term coal dealors contacted the breakers with complaints of TSC's pricing--I guess you'll just have to wait & see. It is BUSINESS ya know. Ya don't cut off your nose to spite your face ;) PS--what a NICE new TSC store they put up in Cortland. Thanx George Strait :clap: toothy
Last edited by freetown fred on Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:23 pm

freetown fred wrote:Just a story I heard at our local TSC--to many long term coal dealors contacted the breakers with complaints of TSC's pricing--I guess you'll just have to wait & see.
Not surprised at all Fred. I chalk this up to a one time deal as not to be surprised next season. Like Paul said, "Well, it was fun while it lasted."
If we think of it like the price of gasoline, diesel, and heating oil dropping, it can't last forever!
...oh that reminds me, has motor oil dropped in price? :mad:
Last edited by michaelanthony on Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:23 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:Looks like Tractor Supply may have dropped the Kimmel's listing on their website ???

Gotta head up that way, so I just went to the TS website to see if their store near where I'm going has gotten any in stock. I can't find Kimmel's on the site by typing "coal" into the search box, as I usually do. Not even when doing a search by the name "Kimmel" or "Kimmel's".

Well, it was fun while it lasted ,...... :roll:

Paul
All the local dealer needs to do is buy 3000 tons and no problem will get the same price. Everything is cheaper if you buy enough of it and always has been that way.

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:24 pm

freetown fred wrote:Just a story I heard at our local TSC--to many long term coal dealors contacted the breakers with complaints of TSC's pricing--I guess you'll just have to wait & see.
Not surprised at all Fred. I chalk this up to a one time deal as not to be surprised next season. Like Paul said, "Well, it was fun while it lasted."
If we think of it like the price of gasoline, diesel, and heating oil dropping, it can't last forever!
...oh that reminds me, has motor oil dropped in price? :mad:

coalfan

Post by coalfan » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:24 pm

if thata the case ff hopefully the others will drop there prices a bit and all will be that much better ./buissness is buisness stay warm !!!!

coalfan

Post by coalfan » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:30 pm

if the complaining is true then I feel as I would think a lot of us here the other dealers should drop there prices and stop there whinning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Unfortunately you are not a dealer, personally I don't mind the price I'm paying at all compared to other fuels for heating. I can only speak locally, but there it is.

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:40 pm

coalfan wrote:if the complaining is true then I feel as I would think a lot of us here the other dealers should drop there prices and stop there whinning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a small business I don't bother selling things I don't make enough money on unless it is an add on to a larger purchase. You can't lose money and make it up in volume LOL.

coalfan

Post by coalfan » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:42 pm

thats true ff and it is the best heat to for sure and the independence of it all to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Jan. 13, 2015 1:42 pm

Indeed DD!

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”