Need Some Help Please

scarecrow

Post by scarecrow » Sun. Jan. 18, 2015 7:48 pm

hi yall. I have a older Alaska Kodiak stove that works great. I bought the stove used and I have had the stove running for 7 years now. I am running a field controls power venter and I am burning coal from lutz in skippack pa. I believe it is blashak coal. its the only coal I have ever burned. my problem is I am getting a lot of dust build up on my blower wheel of the power venter which is causing it to go off balance and vibrate like crazy. it has gotten soo bad that it is now vibrating the baro door causing a very annoying rattle that I cannot stop unless I go outside and take the pv apart and clean it. which I am now doing every week. it has always gotten a build up but never this quick. my entire vent setup is at most 42 inches long. is it the coal I am burning? am I running the pv too fast? does anyone else use lutz coal or know for sure whos coal they use ? is it quality coal?

olpanrider

Post by olpanrider » Sun. Jan. 18, 2015 8:14 pm

What worries me is that your using a power vent on a hand fed?

scarecrow

Post by scarecrow » Sun. Jan. 18, 2015 8:28 pm

its not hand fed. its a automatic stoker

olpanrider

Post by olpanrider » Sun. Jan. 18, 2015 8:30 pm

That's good.. I looked at the Alaska website and the new Kodiaks are hand fed.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sun. Jan. 18, 2015 9:15 pm

scarecrow wrote:hi yall. I have a older Alaska Kodiak stove that works great. I bought the stove used and I have had the stove running for 7 years now. I am running a field controls power venter and I am burning coal from lutz in skippack pa. I believe it is blashak coal. its the only coal I have ever burned. my problem is I am getting a lot of dust build up on my blower wheel of the power venter which is causing it to go off balance and vibrate like crazy. it has gotten soo bad that it is now vibrating the baro door causing a very annoying rattle that I cannot stop unless I go outside and take the pv apart and clean it. which I am now doing every week. it has always gotten a build up but never this quick. my entire vent setup is at most 42 inches long. is it the coal I am burning? am I running the pv too fast? does anyone else use lutz coal or know for sure whos coal they use ? is it quality coal?
The fins will need to be cleaned to the point of being polished smooth. Simply knocking or rubbing the fly ash off will not last as you have found.
When a textured surface is left after cleaning it will allow for a speedy re-coating of fly ash as the texture gathers dust quicker than if it were smooth.

Your coal is just fine, by the way. ;)

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”