New Hitzer 608 Owner!

ejm77
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Hitzer 608
Other Heating: Buderus propane boiler

Post by ejm77 » Tue. Dec. 23, 2014 5:28 pm

After much debate (with myself) between the LL Pioneer or Hitzer 608 I decided to go with the 608. It's been running about 20 hours now and I love this thing already! Can't wait for the temps to drop so I can really give it a work out (its only about 47* now). Originally planned on a power vent but after research on here and weighing the cost I decided a masonry chimney was the way to go. Chimney cost a little more than the price of 2 power vents and less than an Olympia Ventis class A , well worth it for a lifetime of low maintenance service (although it was a pain in the a$$ dealing with the code inspector). Thanks to all the knowledgeable people on this site for helping me get off my propane fix!

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Dec. 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Fantastic partner! Your investment will pay for itself quickly and after that the savings over propane is all gravy.. :D

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Dec. 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Drum roll please......... :clap: hey what happen to the pic's you were planning on uploading? Nice choice on the coal burner and bravo on the chimney.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Dec. 23, 2014 6:09 pm

OP did not even need a vid .... like this

he's the boss.

Flame on !

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Tue. Dec. 23, 2014 6:26 pm

The Hitzer 608 seems like one very nice stoker. Nice purchase!!! Somehow I've overlooked it over the years.

ejm77

Post by ejm77 » Tue. Dec. 23, 2014 7:16 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:OP did not even need a vid .... like this

he's the boss.

Flame on !
I watched that video about 10 times before the stove arrived. The installers tried starting it with a coal mouse to no avail. I got out the bag of wood pellets I picked up at wally world and they did the trick. I've been backing down the min setting on the coaltrol trying to drop the temp a little in here (feed rate has been zero for a few hours now). Might have to open the window stats, or just run around in my boxers lol. :D

ejm77

Post by ejm77 » Tue. Dec. 23, 2014 7:21 pm

lsayre wrote:The Hitzer 608 seems like one very nice stoker. Nice purchase!!! Somehow I've overlooked it over the years.
It sure is! The main reason I chose it over the Pioneer is the clearances. I wanted to back it into the corner as much as possible. The 608 is double walled and weighs twice as much as the Pioneer. It also uses the LL feeder, which was what I wanted for its simplicity/reliability.

plumb-r

Post by plumb-r » Thu. Dec. 25, 2014 8:06 pm

We choose the 608 for the same reason as you, clearance. The wife also liked the look. On our 4th season with it now. Wife claims the best idea I have ever come up with. Welcome to the forum! :)

robb

Post by robb » Mon. Jan. 19, 2015 1:15 pm

I have had my 608 for 4 years now. Very minimal maintenance and runs like a top. Only issue I had is the feed shovel motor went out, MY OWN FAULT. I spend a max of $400 a year to heat my 2400 sq ft house from October to March. Best investment ever

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”