Harman DVC 500

jstanek

Post by jstanek » Mon. Dec. 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Recently shut down stove to clean. On restarting stove the stove would shut down and I received the 2- blinks error message. Reset computer and did a test. In the manuel it states all fan motors should run during test phase discovered draft motor not running. I read past posts and check gaskets and filter ect. stove going on 3rd year is it possible draft motor shot after 3yrs or am I missing something here?
Last edited by jstanek on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved topic to the Coal Stoker forum.

k9 Bara
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1996 EFM 520 DF
Coal Size/Type: Buck / Reading

Post by k9 Bara » Mon. Dec. 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Im sure you have checked it, but in case you forgot.. Make sure the plate on the bottom of grate is completely closed. Also, unplug power for a minute or so. Then try, wish ya luck. Might not hurt to go through your steps of the cleaning once more, may find an issue that way.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Mon. Dec. 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Searching on here, maybe this will help

Harmon DVC-500 2 Blink Code Error

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Mon. Dec. 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Pull out the ash pan, and pull off the cover for the draft motor. Its behind the ash pan. Expose the Draft fan.

1) If the fan is filled with fly ash, it might not be able to spin. Clean fan.
2) Also, try spinning the fan by hand. Does it feel hard to turn? You may have to oil the motor.
3) Put stove in test mode while cover is off. Can you see it spin? Is the motor Humming? May need oil on the motor shaft.
4) Maybe motor, or wiring is burnt out. Replace motor or wiring if nothing else works.

jstanek

Post by jstanek » Thu. Dec. 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Well the motor was shot service call proved it. Saved the old motor will get a price to rebuild it for next break down. Service guy says these motors go all the time it was one of their heavily stocked items. Note: lubricate set screw on shaft of motor on shutdowns it was very difficult to break nut and remove blades for removal of motor

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I

Post by WNY » Fri. Dec. 31, 2010 8:02 am

On many of the motors, there are OIL holes or tubes that need oil at least once a season, normally on Spring Maintenance when you shutdown. That's not good quality if they say they replace them all the time. I have not replaced anything on my Keystoker in over 5 years, and 1 motor on my 1995 Leisure Line....

k9 Bara
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1996 EFM 520 DF
Coal Size/Type: Buck / Reading

Post by k9 Bara » Fri. Dec. 31, 2010 3:37 pm

Wow, :oops: not sure what I was reading but my reply had no help to your orig question. Sorry for the goofy reply but glad you got it going.

turnawrench

Post by turnawrench » Wed. Feb. 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Draft motor replacement. Unplug stove.remove cover in back of stove behind ash bin. expose blower blade and try to remove set screw from blade collar.(This is all one piece ) Spray with pb blast let soak. this screw is hard to remove I could not get mine to come out. Had to cut it off with a dremel. Had to replace blower blade also.after blade is off you can remove the motor in back it is held on with 3 nuts.trace the electrical wires and unplug the three connections Black, green and white. mount new motor plug in new wires attach blower blade.

pamack
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman DVC 500

Post by pamack » Wed. Jan. 21, 2015 10:59 pm

How did you drill out your set screw? Did you stick the dremmel bit in the set screw and drill it or did you just drill out the shaft?

Thanks

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Thu. Jan. 22, 2015 6:59 am

Might have cut motor shaft to separate???

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”