Min Max Settings for Leisure Line Pocono

poconomike
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pocono
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: oil

Post by poconomike » Wed. Jan. 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Default setting are 6 min 40 max But I get red coals falling off grate when its working hard. I got the max set at 27 now and its better but dose anyone have experience with this model? They say that you should have about 2 inches of burnt ash before it falls off. is this achievable when it's working hard?

WNYRob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker controlled with CoalTrol

Post by WNYRob » Wed. Jan. 22, 2014 4:19 pm

I don't have your model stove, but the min/max is adjustable to what ever your situation warrants. The default in the Coaltrol manual for kokers needed some serious adjustment for my actual stove. The min was close, but the default max was way too high.

Once you get the min max set per the manual, you may find that you need to adjust it (especially the max) even further to match your actual heating situation (mostly done to temper any temp swings that you may have due to the layout of your house, rate of heat loss, etc. etc.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Wed. Jan. 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Mike,

Every stove seems to be slightly different. Try lowering the max by 1 and then leave it for two hours.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I

Post by WNY » Wed. Jan. 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Every stove is different . What works for one, may not for someone else, you always have to tweak them a little.

Actually 1" of ash is ok at full burn. as long you are not pushing hot coals off the end. Only change it a couple points at a time and wait a least an hour or two and check it. Coal and the Coaltrol takes time to react. Don;t make huge changes.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. Jan. 23, 2014 9:12 am

The newer Pocono 110 burners have a damper plate on the combustion fan. Does yours have this? If it does open your manual back up and it explains how to set it. Thanks, Dave

poconomike

Post by poconomike » Thu. Jan. 23, 2014 10:44 am

My stove dose not have damper. I got the max setting at 17 this leaves 1.5 to 2 inches of ash. If I set it to 18 it rides very close. I guess this must be the setting.

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. Jan. 23, 2014 12:33 pm

poconomike wrote:My stove dose not have damper. I got the max setting at 17 this leaves 1.5 to 2 inches of ash. If I set it to 18 it rides very close. I guess this must be the setting.
How old is it?

poconomike

Post by poconomike » Thu. Jan. 23, 2014 1:09 pm

I bought it used. I'm thinking it's about 4 to 5 years old.

poconomike

Post by poconomike » Thu. Jan. 23, 2014 1:12 pm

It has a TS2 V3 coal-trol. Is that an indication of age?

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. Jan. 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Have you ever cleaned under the grate? Sounds like an air restriction. Tips & Tricks

Protrucker
Stoker Coal Boiler: in the future....when home renovation is done. (radiant floor)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pocono, Keystoker & Leisure Line Li'l Heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning #523, Coal Chubby, Floral Gem #519 & one other Warm Morning stove
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut & Rice
Other Heating: Propane fired forced hot air

Post by Protrucker » Sat. Jan. 24, 2015 7:26 am

Flyer5 wrote:The newer Pocono 110 burners have a damper plate on the combustion fan. Does yours have this? If it does open your manual back up and it explains how to set it. Thanks, Dave
I bought my Pocono new in November 2014 & I don't see any damper plate on the combustion fan.

Every time we have a cold spell that makes the Pocono burn hard I have been adjusting the MAX F/R down an increment or two because I'm still seeing red coals right at the edge of the grate. This morning, I cut it back to 26. I wonder how much more I'll have to cut it back?

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Mon. Jan. 26, 2015 7:50 am

Mike,

I have a similar issue with my stove. My max is set at 18 right now. I did a complete tear-down of the stove in the Fall and reassembled it better than I did the first time. My combustion fan has a restrictor plate which is half open and my draft is almost perfect. I can't explain why the Max is so low, but could be that some feeder motors are just faster than others?

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”