Glenwood Oak 116

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Sat. Jan. 24, 2015 8:18 pm

coalnewbie wrote:It's going to be a gift to Winslow riding. Hippotherapy for disavantaged kids, every now an then I like to give back.
That is Awesome !!!!!!! My wife and I helped promote and get a charity started about four years ago. It really took off helping over 30,000 families to date. Its a great feeling to give back.

Paulie

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jan. 24, 2015 8:44 pm

and if I have the courage, PTSD IF I can find the right organization. Next time Ali rides perhaps I can get a video of a total quadrapegic controlling a horse. Controls the animal through her ass muscles. However, to date mom wants no videos and no one is allowed to treat her special. Awesome. We are in winter recess right now.

Pancho
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood No. 8
Coal Size/Type: Stove
Other Heating: Jotul Firelight

Post by Pancho » Sat. Jan. 24, 2015 10:08 pm

coalnewbie wrote:It's going to be a gift to Winslow riding. Hippotherapy for disavantaged kids, every now and then I like to give back.
It doesn't get anymore decent than that. Good on ya.
And to think I was just about to give you some super hoidy-toidy top nothch label for owning the most stoves. :)

Ya done right. :up:

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jan. 24, 2015 10:13 pm

And to think I was just about to give you some super hoidy-toidy top nothch label for owning the most stoves. :)

Yeah, but nobody is getting my base heaters. :devil:

Pancho
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood No. 8
Coal Size/Type: Stove
Other Heating: Jotul Firelight

Post by Pancho » Sat. Jan. 24, 2015 10:32 pm

coalnewbie wrote:
Yeah, but nobody is getting my base heaters. :devil:
......a fella has to draw a line in the sand somewhere. :D

Still, this is right and mighty decent of ya. Hats off to ya.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jan. 26, 2015 10:05 am

So a $50 refractory reline from the stove master to add to the bill. Now you make it insanely hot and 100 years of blue stove polish just falls off along with most of the rust which you can see is surface. Heat it until the magnet falls off, the stove masters know that trick. A quick coat of Williams or Blue Ribbon, a $50 respray (NO nickeling) or even a "the works" polish and BINGO a great stove for little money. I am going to experiment with spray finishes for the hell of it. Colored chrome finish ask the auto guys -- cool (William will have a heart attack) this is a play stove and a great charity gift that will be tax deductible. Love that Wilson guy. :D Think of the money spent in searching the universe looking at mostly incomplete junk. He did all the hard work for me. Ya think this is an inferior stove - ask stevezee.

Want a smaller stove - buy his City Glenwood which is a great little stove. I just have no use for it right now. Ya see Wilson, I am better value than Madison Avenue. Wish him luck in the storm, he is right in the thick of it. :( The world needs more interesting people. Next week I will go up there, dig down through 12' snow drifts to find his house and the stove and get it to the people who are in desperate need of it.
Last edited by coalnewbie on Mon. Jan. 26, 2015 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

northernmainecoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Nut/Stove

Post by northernmainecoal » Mon. Jan. 26, 2015 10:26 am

I'm just catching on to this. Nice project, congrats on the stove it's a great idea. Can't wait to see some pics of the restore

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jan. 26, 2015 10:30 am

Congrats on saving another one and good on the both of you !!!

Paul

Pauliewog
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.

Post by Pauliewog » Mon. Jan. 26, 2015 1:20 pm

As long as she is going to be a looker rather than a burner you might want to give these items a try.
A few years back I did over an old wood pot belly flower planter, with a black hammertone paint. I see Rustoleum has a full color line of hammertone paints now.

On the trim I used a 3 or 4 part Nickel Cad paint kit I purchased online from Eastwood. They have a full line of products for car restoration

With that kit you can vary the yellow and green tints in the nickel look base to get the effect your looking for.

Paulie

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jan. 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Paulie, it's definitely going to be burner ( very much so) so a pass on the hammertone.However, thx for the info on the trim colors I will research that one. Duplcicolor has some heat resistant chrome colors that I am interested in.

Pauliewog

Post by Pauliewog » Mon. Jan. 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Thats great they are going to use it ! I'm sure the kids and parents will appreciate and enjoy it for years to come.

I just had to wipe a tear off the corner of my eye thinking about it. Ill send you a pm on our charity and you can see why.

Paulie

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Feb. 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Due to ridiculous weather and pressing needs, Wilson and I have agreed to abandon this stove sale. He can't even from his workshop to the road and with near record breaking cold coming very soon I have to make other plans. Plans get ruined when life gets in the way. So if someone wishes to take my position LOL. This winter is getting old already. :x

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Wed. Feb. 11, 2015 11:20 pm

Well, the January thaw must be right around the corner. Don't give up the ship so quickly.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Thu. Feb. 12, 2015 4:02 am

I'm an optimist by nature, so I live in hope and die in despair. MA will get 2 feet this weekend and I will get 2 feet next week. I have nowhere to shovel that next snowstorm to, so I can only imagine what Wilson is going through. I could throw myself off the roof but the snow bank would break my fall. This icebox is firmly in place, so much for the theory that I will burn 30% less coal this winter. OTOH, that could have been HO --- I feel much better already. :D

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Thu. Feb. 12, 2015 4:06 am

coalnewbie wrote:I'm an optimist by nature, so I live in hope and die in despair. MA will get 2 feet this weekend and I will get 2 feet next week. I have nowhere to shovel that next snowstorm to, so I can only imagine what Wilson is going through. I could throw myself off the roof but the snow bank would break my fall. This icebox is firmly in place, so much for the theory that I will burn 30% less coal this winter. OTOH, that could have been HO --- I feel much better already. :D
We could use more snow up here in Aroostook county maine .....Gladly give up the abundance of space for snow in trade for warmer temps! Anything above zero would be welcome!

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”