Having Issues With My DVC-500 Stove

JB2034

Post by JB2034 » Sat. Jan. 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello....I bought my DVC-500 stove in 2011 and its been working fine up until this year.....I usually clean it every couple of months when its running in the winter and do a overall cleaning in the summer...this year for some reason it will run for a week or so fine and then it will shut down with the status of 2 blinking lights....the first time it did this a couple weeks ago, I cleaned it throughly even though I had cleaned it a month before (it wasnt that dirty) I also noticed the the glass door wasnt completely shut half way thru the cleaning so I thought that may be why it came up with the 2 blinking lights status. I started up again and it seemed to be running fine, today I come home and its shutdown with the 2 blinking lights status again.....I checked everything and it looked normal...I opened up the hopper and reseated that door, I opened up the door with the glass window and reaseated it and I did the same with the Ash door...everything looked fine....I unplugged it/plugged it back in and everything synced back to normal....I restarted the fire and its running normal again...any ideas why it would run for a week and then shut down with 2 blinking lights status?

scoobydoo
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer LE top vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by scoobydoo » Sun. Feb. 01, 2015 8:44 am

I'm not sure if you have the manual,but here is link that shows troubleshooting on pages 28 and 29 http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/installmanuals/dvc-500.pdf

mariohotshot

Post by mariohotshot » Sun. Feb. 01, 2015 12:16 pm

You are losing negative pressure inside your stove. As a safety it is shutting down.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sun. Feb. 01, 2015 1:15 pm

Vac sensor, saying exhaust fan is not fully effective, look for cause.

JB2034

Post by JB2034 » Sun. Feb. 01, 2015 2:48 pm

I disassembled the flue pipeing today and cleaned it out...there was alot of ash crud in there so maybe that was it? Maybe the stove wasn't gettin the correct air flow? Getting some but not enough? My stove is in the basement so the pipeing has (2) 90 degree angles in it where the ash accumulates. I also went ahead and cleaned the rest of the stove just to be safe.....its been running for about 6 hours now and no 2 blinking lights status which is a good thing. Hopefully that solved the problem...Thanks for the tips. Do you guys think its fixed now or should I look at something else?

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”