New Jersey Skunk Vs. Opossum. Which Will Win.

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Fri. Feb. 27, 2015 3:48 pm

Just happened this morning.
I don't know...
That Skunk looks a little rabid to me...

coalder
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 160
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: wood parlor stove

Post by coalder » Fri. Feb. 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Interesting vid!! Goes to show just what cabin fever can do, even to animals.
Jim

Starting Out
Other Heating: Burnham Oil Boiler with Beckett Gun

Post by Starting Out » Fri. Feb. 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Should have shot the both of them.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Fri. Feb. 27, 2015 10:35 pm

It takes a sick mind to film something like that & not just go shoot the both animals. Whether you filmed it or just posted the sick minded film on here it all boils down to a very sick,offensive video.Don't mess up the Farm & Rural life thread with that kind of crap.!!! Post it on the humor or entertainment threads,i don't look at those. I suppose that cock fights are fine to watch too ?? maybe dog fights too ? :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :chop:

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sat. Feb. 28, 2015 10:39 am

Cock fights are setup by humans - this was all natural, and no human intervened. I found it interesting.

I had a possum here once that spun in circles for over 4 hours. Then I found it laying in a heap - grabbed my shovel because I thought it was dead. Turns out he was just playin possum ... toothy Was gonna grab the .22 and put it out of it's misery, but I just placed it on a rock out back. Hours later, he was gone.

The next day I saw it ambling through the backyard in a semi-straight line. Figured he was better. I was glad I didn't dispatch him. 2 days after that, he was squashed in the middle of the road here. Oh well ...
Name of the song is "Round and Round" ... LOL!
Possum.wmv

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sat. Feb. 28, 2015 12:33 pm

The fact is that one or both of those animals are sick,they both should have been shot & put out of their miseries. This stupid video was made with no thought of what animal will get bitten next,maybe your pet OR maybe even your CHILD. Any person with rural life common sense would have done the right & proper thing. Neither animal was acting normal,rabies is a very real possibility,rabies is no laughing matter. Spending 40+ yrs on a dairy farm, I got to see various rabid animals that we had to dispose of, including some nice dogs that unfortunately were exposed. It is not natural for skunks & possum to fight & it is also not normal for humans to derive pleasure from watching two animals fighting like that.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sat. Feb. 28, 2015 2:37 pm

windyhill4.2 wrote:The fact is that one or both of those animals are sick,they both should have been shot & put out of their miseries. This stupid video was made with no thought of what animal will get bitten next,maybe your pet OR maybe even your CHILD. Any person with rural life common sense would have done the right & proper thing. Neither animal was acting normal,rabies is a very real possibility,rabies is no laughing matter. Spending 40+ yrs on a dairy farm, I got to see various rabid animals that we had to dispose of, including some nice dogs that unfortunately were exposed. It is not natural for skunks & possum to fight & it is also not normal for humans to derive pleasure from watching two animals fighting like that.
Good point...but lighten up a bit!

Ironminer

Post by Ironminer » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 9:29 pm

What da Wow!

I haven't seen any critters out of there holes since October... Nature is fang, tooth, and claw... Hunting and trapping much more humane. That is real.

Return to “Farming & Rural Life”