Oak Andes 216 for Sale Near Me...

dhansen

Post by dhansen » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 11:48 pm

So, what's happening?

tmbrddl
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Oak 30, Oak Andes 216
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove

Post by tmbrddl » Mon. Mar. 02, 2015 12:03 am

Waiting. They went to NC on vacation for a week and won't be back until this coming Friday. We plan on meeting when they return. I've got my fingers crossed but I've been thwarted before.

dhansen

Post by dhansen » Mon. Mar. 02, 2015 8:32 am

Ugh, hurry-up and wait. Wish I were in North Carolina myself. Hang in there.

tmbrddl

Post by tmbrddl » Mon. Mar. 02, 2015 9:51 am

dhansen wrote:Ugh, hurry-up and wait. Wish I were in North Carolina myself. Hang in there.
Sounds like you might have prior military experience as well. My oldest daughter lives in Charlotte...beautiful place with cordial people.

As for the stove, I hope to snag it but I may not be the only one sniffing around for it. The seller seems motivated to talk to me. No bidding wars from you guys if you can muster the self control. I gotta win once in a while.

dhansen

Post by dhansen » Mon. Mar. 02, 2015 12:09 pm

No ties to North Carolina or the military other than doing civilian work for the USMC and Coast Guard (construction) many years ago. I just want to go anywhere there isn't (much) snow! I grew up in San Diego and moved to Maine in 1976 in my late 20's. First visited Spruce Head in 1969. Winter was a real novelty back then. These days I find my enthusiasm and tolerance for the cold greatly reduced. I'd be lost without a coal stove!

I'm not in the hunt for another stove right now. I am working with Wilson's Woodstoves to either get my Glenwood No.6 up and going or trade it for another baseburner of some sort. I am, however, interested in learning more about these amazing machines and how they all work. It is very satisfying to see them saved from the scrap yard. I hope you get it!

tmbrddl

Post by tmbrddl » Mon. Mar. 02, 2015 12:41 pm

dhansen wrote:I am working with Wilson's Woodstoves to either get my Glenwood No.6 up and going or trade it for another baseburner of some sort. I am, however, interested in learning more about these amazing machines and how they all work. It is very satisfying to see them saved from the scrap yard. I hope you get it!
What's the issue with your Glenwood? I'd love to get my hands on one of those to restore but the wife would never go for me buying one retail. I've got a monster drafty old home to heat so I could use one more good stove but that means another chimney and more lugging in and out.

I'm in the process of building a small log cabin that should prove easier to heat than this beast and then the stoves become more a matter of aesthetics and not so much volume heating.

I should know something by the end of the week and I'll let you know. Quality pics if I'm lucky.

dhansen

Post by dhansen » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 10:00 am

This pretty much tells the story:

Glenwood No.6 Base Pan.

Benchkey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Franco-Belge (1) Norge kitchen stove
Coal Size/Type: Franco-Belge Pea.... Norge ?

Post by Benchkey » Thu. Mar. 05, 2015 4:07 pm

Just looking in the Rochester NY Craigslist (Naples NY) March 5th 2015 and there is a Geneva Andes Cylinder Wood Stove for Sale. Manufactured by Phillips and Clark Stove Co. Madel 617. Apparently used until recently, appears in very nice condition. $1100. Worth checking out the ad for the photos.

dhansen

Post by dhansen » Thu. Mar. 05, 2015 6:40 pm

Benchkey wrote:Just looking in the Rochester NY Craigslist (Naples NY) March 5th 2015 and there is a Geneva Andes Cylinder Wood Stove for Sale. Manufactured by Phillips and Clark Stove Co. Madel 617. Apparently used until recently, appears in very nice condition. $1100. Worth checking out the ad for the photos.
Not a bad looking stove.

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Thu. Mar. 05, 2015 8:23 pm

Are you guys sure that's not a music box? I see the hand crank for winding the spring on the side. :)

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Thu. Mar. 05, 2015 8:44 pm

You are bad Joe, just bad. ;)

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Thu. Mar. 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Sorry Don, I guess I'm just bored. :D

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Thu. Mar. 05, 2015 9:06 pm

joeq wrote:Sorry Don, I guess I'm just bored. :D
I understand. I'm bored also.

That is a pretty stove though.

Buck47
Hand Fed Coal Stove: "Artistic" Universal # 360, Carter Oak #24, Locke120, Monarch cook stove, Home Corral #16 base burner
Coal Size/Type: Nut : Blaschak

Post by Buck47 » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Can one of our members tell me the dia. and depth of the fire pot in this Andes?

Is it about 12 wide & 18 inch deep with a magazine feed & round flat shaker grates?

I'm Curious as I know of a stove that looks much like this Andes but have no idea as to it heating potential.

They look like cousins ?

Attachments

Beauty Oak stove - $700 (Granton) WI (a).jpg

Beauty Oak

Last edited by Buck47 on Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photog200
Baseburners & Antiques: Colonial Clarion cook stove, Kineo #15 base burner & 2 Geneva Oak Andes #517's
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Chestnut
Other Heating: Electric Baseboard

Post by Photog200 » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Buck47 wrote:Can one of our members tell me the dia. and depth of the fire pot in this Andes?

Is it about 12 wide & 18 inch deep with a magazine feed & round flat shaker grates?

I'm Curious as I know of a stove that looks much like this Andes but have no idea as to it heating potential.

With the Andes numbering system, the last two numbers is the diameter of the pot. My #517 is a 17" pot and is 10" deep. I am not sure how deep this particular fire pot is. None of the literature I have on Andes stoves gives the depth of the fire pots, only the diameter.

Randy

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”