How to Reassemble A Glen Oak or Parlor Info Needed

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Sun. Mar. 08, 2015 5:32 pm

gUYS IS THIS THE SEQUENCE TO reassemble a parlor stove /.! remove grates .2after noxram or lining fe fireboxPut Hercules cement on base.Note not on 4 legged base .Next put herc cement on top of firebox .Next install round metal piece which hold first nickel ring .Now stop for me this round Do youHerc. Cement this ring

To the firepot .Next to you put Herc Cementon on the ring that holds the nickel ring .In other words is the barrelHercules Glued on to cast ring.Im going from Steve Zees assembly .Next is Stove Collar an loading door Glued on To barrel /.Iis it screwed on to collar .Are Loadind door an stove collar screwed on to barrel or must they be sealed with furnace cement .Next Before finial is a Round cast piece that holds another decorative ring which is nickel .Is This Glued To top of barrel with Hercules Cement .Im going nuts here to grasp this. Please help.A Glen oak popped in my area .IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII need your commentsCause I would lije to tackle it .Forgive me if my descriptions are off .JackDid I miss a reassembly procedure .Of corse this work starts aster removing rust by bead blasting or wire brush removal .Alsl Also are flat gaskets used Anywhere or All Seals done with Hercules Mortar an Screws .Heyyyyy good winter project .Please Steve William any reassemblers help me jack in Pa.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”