Keystoker Koker Blower Will Not Shut Off

Flyerfan64

Post by Flyerfan64 » Wed. Mar. 25, 2015 6:24 pm

I have a keystoker Koker stove and the blower will not shut off . The timer cycles but the blower will not shut off , our house is heating up well past set temperature. Had servicemen over and the said it is not a problem. Any help,

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Wed. Mar. 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Welcome to the forum Flyer.

Is this a new install? Are you talking about the Convection blower (blows the heat around) or the Combustion blower (blows air through the coal)?

If my memory serves, on a Koker the combustion blower runs constently, never turns off. If thats' what you are talking about then, nothing is wrong.

If the convection blower won't shut off, thats' a problem. If this is the case, remove the cover from the blower switch and move the shut off temp higher.

Let us know how you make out!

-Don

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Mar. 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Yes, please explain which blower? Convection (to the house heat ducts) or the Combustion (under the grate of coal) blower.?

Like he said above, the combustion blower does NOT shut off.

What type of Thermostat or adjust do you have on it? Standard Thermostat or CoalTrol?

You can dial down the feed rate a little if it has an adjust feed screw, ONLY turn it 1 turn at a time and let it settle out as not to loose the fire or reduce your draft too much. Do you have a Natural Draft chimney or Direct vent?

Flyerfan64

Post by Flyerfan64 » Wed. Mar. 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Sorry it's the convection blower ! Using standard thermostat. I think the problem was that when I turned t- stat up I did not give enough time for thermostat to shut blower off . Seems to be working now.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Mar. 25, 2015 8:20 pm

Great. Yes, coal takes time to heat up and cool down,

Depending on where the thermo switch is for the blower, it can be adjusted in some cases. If you have little black box (honeywell) on the side of the koker, you can pop the cover off and there is an adjustment for temperatures for ON/OFF. Also, if you accidentally push the White Button in, that will make the convection fan run constantly.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Mar. 25, 2015 10:49 pm

BTW: On the Koker Lite a constant combustion fan is a problem, as it is a different stoker type than the standard Koker since the Lite only uses a single combustion fan. :)

vulcan
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: keystoker koker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby rear vent

Post by vulcan » Thu. Mar. 26, 2015 2:15 pm

I actually thought I had this problem after cleaning mine one time. On the koker the box that controls the temp set points is on the upper right near the hopper. It has a manual override if you want it to run all the time you push it in. One time while cleaning mine it got pushed in by mistake and wouldn't shut off until I realized what I did wrong.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”