Lee, Your a "Remote" Trouble Maker.

ddahlgren
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by ddahlgren » Sat. Mar. 28, 2015 10:52 pm

I hear you there Paul the wireless is always a bunch of hoops to jump through. Hard wired is about as secure as it gets. Being somewhat of a techie I have 2 different networks here one that has internet access and one that does not. All the cad cam and accounting stuff has no internet access and a second one much smaller that does for email file downloads all that jazz. I am wondering why I even bother paying for internet access as I have so many neighbors with unsecured routers there is really no need. I have one that has a HP wireless printer out in the wild and was thinking about sending them a note on it reminding them it is not secured. I suspect that will do nothing but bring the gray cars to my doorstep. I told the local small owner operator owned computer store with a bunch of Navy IT guys working part time there and had a good laugh over it as it is broadcasting brand and model number and easy enough to download the drivers and send the a 'good morning' note and remind them their whole network is out in the wild.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”