Hit Me With Your Stove Shut Down Procedures

ChrisS
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Blaschak, Lehigh Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump (set to "OFF" now), Propane FP insert

Post by ChrisS » Thu. Apr. 23, 2015 2:08 pm

[/quote]
Unless your stove is in a really damp place, like a cellar, my vote is not to cover anything, just leave doors loose and let the air circulate freely. The only time I have had significant rusting was when I sealed things up so the humidity was trapped.[/quote]

It's in the basement, typical cool, potentially damp area.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Thu. Apr. 23, 2015 3:57 pm

:nice:
Keepaeyeonit wrote:Ok boys I think I have a one of a kind situation, I have a insert piped directly into the bottom of the clay and removing the pipe without removing the stove isn't a option, this will be my second summer without removal so we will see how the pipe handles the second summer .
I clean the chimney and pipe with brushes, then vacuum it the best I can, then the stove( I gut the stove of anything that I can remove, vacuum and wipe with a rag and vacuum it one more time) I use a mix of Cortex 369 and 325 to coat every inch of the inside of the stove then reinstall all the parts for next fall.
I put (2) 75W bulbs( I only have 40W right now) and (2) large Damp-Rid buckets(recycled from the camper over the winter) cover the baro with Cortex wrap to seal off the stove.
Nice job! I do all that too - vacuum, damp rid, light bulb and coating. I may try the LPS3 this year instead of brushing motor oil on the inside. Motor oil can be scary at start up time...

Scary Experience Lighting the Coal Furnace

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”