Other Heating: Fireplace and wood burner

Post by Logs » Mon. Apr. 27, 2015 7:43 pm

there are more horses ass's than horses

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Apr. 27, 2015 8:11 pm

I saw that on another site. He got a DWI with that.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Mon. Apr. 27, 2015 8:21 pm

coaledsweat wrote:I saw that on another site. He got a DWI with that.
Really, wow

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Apr. 27, 2015 8:35 pm

The guy in the truck or van was being a a---hole. Pass the truck and move over. Instead the guy's trying to police the roadway..and this is an expected result.

Feel sorry for the camaro and semi driver....really ... I've gotten to guys like the truck driver who drives at 60 mph in a 65 and just refuses to pass the vehicle on the right for 10 miles.

Lu47Dan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Sears circulator air tight stove.
Other Heating: Crown 115,000 BTU oil fired boiler(house) Weil Mclain 150,000BTU oil fired boiler(Shop)

Post by Lu47Dan » Mon. Apr. 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Really, just because you want to drive 75mph in a 65mph zone does not mean that I have to speed up to let you by.
Today after dropping my Dad at Dialysis, I headed home. I came up to a Stop sign looked both ways and saw a vehicle approaching at a distance of 300 feet (this is a 25mph zone, I pulled out and got straight and than had to Stop at another stop sign. I waited my turn to pull out and the idiot behind me followed me out passed me at the approach to the bridge, tried to cut me off, than flipped me off and sped up to around 50mph before he got to the crest of the bridge where he had to jam on his brakes as he had caught up to traffic. He tried at least twice to pass the cars in front of him before the next stop sign. He than turn right and went like hell again before spiking his brakes and pulling into the Fire Hall Clubhouse (Bar). I should have called the cops but without video, it would have been a wash with the cops. Drunk at the time of the incidence, maybe. Drunk when he left the fire hall most likely.
I wrote down the plate number but decided Karma is a severe mistress.
Dan

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Apr. 27, 2015 9:41 pm

You feel sorry for the drunk that tries to pass in the gutter at 75 MPH? He tried to weasel in between the TT and pickup and almost caused an accident at first. Did he learn anything? Nope, be made sure he caused an accident.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Mon. Apr. 27, 2015 10:22 pm

A case of 2 idiots collide. The TT driver was unfortunately caught up in the mess. Left lane is for passing not parking alongside and obstructing the flow of traffic. Purposely blocking someone who seems to be in a hurry just to get your rocks off is a dick move. You do not know the story why someone is in a hurry . It could be an emergency. This may not have been the case here, but the PU did not know that. The PU truck was an idiot and I do not feel bad for their getting wrapped up in it. Left lane pass then back to the right. The police need to give more tickets for this.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Apr. 28, 2015 2:58 am

Lu47Dan wrote:Really, just because you want to drive 75mph in a 65mph zone does not mean that I have to speed up to let you by.
The law in my state (and most others) is that you move over .. regardless of speed...if a faster vehicle is behind you, you facilitate it so that you move over to the right to allow the faster vehicle to proceed.

In this instance it was a two lane road and the guy in front, in the left lane, refused to behave properly, I have no idea of they the other guy was drunk; but it was a good example of how some nit wits drive regardless of if the other driver was drunk or not as I have seen this behavior occasionally.

I generally do not like to ride aside of a semi too long ... road hazards popping up and sleeping semi drivers is a concern of mine.

I just assume a guy doing 100 MPH is a guy who needs to get somewhere quick for a good reason. And hey, hell ain't half full yet if he had no good reason.

I routinely drive well over an interstate speed limit on long drives. Got stopped in KY doing 120 MPH some years back when the road was empty. Found not guilty because the law in KY at that time allowed it, much to surprise of the DA and cop (but not to the judge who actually knew the law).

If you are a lolly-gagger or uber-milage guy, I get it. I drive occasionally to get 55 MPG in my car too. But I don't slow down or obstruct traffic to achieve my goals.

^^ that's some crazy driving by sammy 55 version

65 MPH version

Anyone have a link to the 195 MPH version?

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Tue. Apr. 28, 2015 9:00 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:The guy in the truck or van was being a a---hole. Pass the truck and move over.
Mix one a--hole with one idiot, add a pinch of road rage, and voila :!:
I have to admit I have at times been the a--hole and at other times the idiot. But that was mostly when I was young and invincible. Now I'm old and fragile and try to control those tendencies. :lol:

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Apr. 28, 2015 11:32 pm

It would have been soooo hard for me not to force that pickup off the road and beat the *censored* out of the driver ... BUT, I would have never attempted the bonehead move of trying to run up the TT's ass, then cut in front of the pickup when there was clearly very little room to do so ... which started the whole ordeal to begin with.

Could tell the Camaro guy was drunk - no rational person drives that way. But blocking a lane like that? You deserve whatever you get for playing hero on the highway. I've come SOOO close to ramming someone once for pulling that same move back in my younger days. I thank God I didn't!

People in MA seem to get off on pissing everyone off. Every single day you'll find people putting along in the left lane at 10 under. I have no sympathy for those people either. Learn the laws, and GTF out of the way! Out in CA I was amazed at how people would actually use their mirrors and MOVE OVER long before you come up on their ass. On this coast, nobody uses mirrors for anything except snorting coke or applying makeup - both while driving. :lol:

Ky Speedracer
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Florence HotBlast NO.68 & Potbelly
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: HotBlast 1557M
Coal Size/Type: Ky Lump & Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Ky Speedracer » Wed. Apr. 29, 2015 9:44 am

SMITTY wrote: On this coast, nobody uses mirrors for anything except snorting coke or applying makeup - both while driving. :lol:
That made me literally laugh out loud Smitty!

In KY the state troopers will write you a ticket for "disrupting traffic flow" or even "reckless driving" for driving in the left lane of a "controlled access" or "divided highway".
I have a friend who is a trooper and he says that blocking the left lane is more dangerous than speeding by far. It incites road rage which is the most dangerous form of driving and the cause of numerous serious accidents. What they call "loss of driver control" (typical accident which accounts for things like falling asleep) is number 1. DUIs are number 2 and road rage is number 3.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”