Think You Can Ride This Bike?

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sun. May. 10, 2015 10:30 am

Lightning wrote:I found it really interesting that it took 8 months to retrain his brain to do it. Gotta admire that kind of determination hahaha.. and there seemed to be a specific moment when he could use a normal bike. Just like he described it as a pathway in his mind got rerouted. Reminds me of a train switching tracks.

And his kid was able to do it in just a few weeks. We've always known that a child's brain is more open to learning, but to see it in black and white like that.. how cool..
I should be able to catch on quick since I still have the mind of a child. :)

I doubt it really but it would be fun to try.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Mon. May. 11, 2015 12:48 am

I have no desire to try. The video is interesting and makes perfect sense. Once you can ride a bike there is no thinking involved, you just do it. Riding that bike would require some real thinking and I gave up on that a long time ago.

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Mon. May. 11, 2015 7:13 am

I have tried on three separate occasions and could not even get past the "they are all laughing at me" stage. Don't want to try now because the body may not be quick enough any longer to save me from producing my Medicare card when the gymnastics start. You have to be on one of those things to really appreciate the word inadequate. Mike

Return to “The Coffee House”