Plastic Welding on a Riding Lawn Mower...

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Thu. May. 21, 2015 8:38 am

You did a pretty good job,you could have bolted a plate on the rear crack to make it easier to remove the surround 1/2 piece at a time in the future. Good to see another machine brought back to live it's work life out for a few more yrs.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Thu. May. 21, 2015 9:24 am

windyhill4.2 wrote:You did a pretty good job,you could have bolted a plate on the rear crack to make it easier to remove the surround 1/2 piece at a time in the future. Good to see another machine brought back to live it's work life out for a few more yrs.
Thanks.

I thought about the plate after I put it together (fine time then of course, LOL). If it would have been a 'straight break' , one could probably put a hinge on there to aid in removal.

I can honestly say that I know how it got broken now, though. It wasn't the 'showing off' and running in the ditch, but rather the spreading required when removing the cover.

If I ever need to remove the cover, I think I will do just that. A straight line cut with the addition of a hinge. :idea:

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Thu. May. 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Just like when I had to sawzall my Chrysler's dash in 1/2 to change a heater core. Great engineering guys.

Return to “House, Gardening & DIY Projects”