Foot Issues . Suggestions?

nealkas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Looking at these.
Other Heating: Oil at present.

Post by nealkas » Tue. May. 26, 2015 8:12 am

Think of your feet like your eyes, or false teeth.
Drugstore cheaters help some but they are not glasses made for the individual.
Those old Roebucker dentures were worn by many folks, but they weren't made for the individual.

OTC orthotics help some folks somewhat, but they aren't made for the individual.

You need to see a podiatrist.
Beyond sore feet, your gait will affect your ankles, knees, hips, and spine.

I wear Goodwill clothes, but I won't skimp on boots.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. May. 26, 2015 9:43 am

Sunny Boy wrote:I work at a bench standing on concrete, or wood floors, for most of my work day. And, I've had flat feet all my life. Any shoe, or boot, with an arch and my feet are killing me within an hour.

For shoes, I've found the Sperry topsiders have hardly any arch. Very comfortable for me.

And for work/hunting boots, I use the Timberline "sport boots". Nicely cushioned and hardly any arch in them, and reasonably priced, too.

Those are the only ones I can wear all day.

Paul
If it has an arch it should also have some heal. Sneakers kill my fee on concrete.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. May. 26, 2015 10:20 am

Flyer5 wrote:
Sunny Boy wrote:I work at a bench standing on concrete, or wood floors, for most of my work day. And, I've had flat feet all my life. Any shoe, or boot, with an arch and my feet are killing me within an hour.

For shoes, I've found the Sperry topsiders have hardly any arch. Very comfortable for me.

And for work/hunting boots, I use the Timberline "sport boots". Nicely cushioned and hardly any arch in them, and reasonably priced, too.

Those are the only ones I can wear all day.

Paul
If it has an arch it should also have some heal. Sneakers kill my fee on concrete.
The sport boot has about 3/4 inch heal, but like I said, hardly any arch. Looking at the outside it looks like it would have more arch than it does, but the molded lug soul is near flat inside.

Running/walking type sneakers kill my feet standing on concrete, also. I only wear them if I'm going for a walk on sidewalks. The arch makes me roll my foot as I step, rather than just step flatfooted. Less shock that way.

But for warm weather, I like the Sperry canvas sneakers. And more recently, their less expensive knockoffs sold under the St. John's Bay label. Both have no arch. With those, I have no discomfort after hours standing at a work bench.

Paul

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. May. 26, 2015 7:42 pm

I've had my share of foot issues .. none of these inserts ever did me any good. Good luck with it.

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Wed. May. 27, 2015 10:47 am

nealkas wrote:Think of your feet like your eyes, or false teeth.
Drugstore cheaters help some but they are not glasses made for the individual.
Those old Roebucker dentures were worn by many folks, but they weren't made for the individual.

OTC orthotics help some folks somewhat, but they aren't made for the individual.

You need to see a podiatrist.
Beyond sore feet, your gait will affect your ankles, knees, hips, and spine.

I wear Goodwill clothes, but I won't skimp on boots.
I agree 100% . I think in a lot of cases OTC orthotics can help folks with minor issues but over pronation and being flat footed isn't one .

As far as boots go I have always bought good boots and of course the price tag was reflected . I usually am in the $225-250 range for work boots . My last pair was a set of Thorogoods which are good boots and I had no issues with them but I couldn't fit my orthotics that the pediatrist had made for me . The problem with a lot of good boots is you have to buy them on line . So I am going to a store that has some good U.S. Made boots and try on some of theirs after I go see the pediatrist again and have some new orthotics made . So far these old ones are taking the edge off . And I'm wear an old pair of timberland pros .

I still have to sit down after a little while . If I'm walking it's ok but just standing on concrete is horrible .

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. May. 28, 2015 7:46 am

Just FYI--I can walk around the farm all day--GRASS--if I hit Wally-World, (concrete) I'm fcked about half way to the dog food/ book area's--it sux, but it is what it is no matter what kind of boots I buy.:( Sorry Josh--of course I've got peripheral neuropathy & have for yrs!

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Thu. May. 28, 2015 8:29 am

freetown fred wrote:Just FYI--I can walk around the farm all day--GRASS--if I hit Wally-World, (concrete) I'm fcked about half way to the dog food/ book area's--it sux, but it is what it is no matter what kind of boots I buy.:( Sorry Josh--of course I've got peripheral neuropathy & have for yrs!

Well you gotta stop chasing those girls around in the parking lot Fred !

I just don't know which ones you are chasing .....

This or ... that

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Thu. May. 28, 2015 12:18 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
freetown fred wrote:if I hit Wally-World, (concrete) I'm fcked about half way to the dog food/ book areas
Well you gotta stop chasing those girls around in the parking lot Fred !
And stay away from the books, too. They'll just mess up your head. Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten and on this forum.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. May. 28, 2015 2:39 pm

rberq wrote:
davidmcbeth3 wrote: Well you gotta stop chasing those girls around in the parking lot Fred !
And stay away from the books, too. They'll just mess up your head. Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten and on this forum.
I'm so sorry. :lol:

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2

Post by Smokeyja » Fri. Oct. 09, 2015 5:03 pm

I finally solved the problem! It was a store called "GOOD FEET" I spent $1000 and it made me sick to do so but my feet feel amazing and I no longer have any pain.

I would have never thought in a million years that a retail chain would solve my problem but to add to the feel good results the inserts where also made in the USA . I would suggest them to anyone who hasn't solved their foot problems yet.

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Sat. Dec. 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Well, I thought I had fixed my foot issues or at least eased them. I was wrong. It seems that my foot pain has come back with a vengeance and has become used to the insouls and now is hurting just as bad . I think the problem is that the tendons and muscles in my arch have failed . I think that the insouls gave temporary relief but the issue is that the weight of my body goes to that one inner part of my foot. my right foot seems to be fine but my left foot kills me . I think it is time to see a orthopedic surgeon about it. I have been to podiatrist and that the good feet place (whom are not doctors) and both have sold me insouls that worked for a little while and then stopped working . I need to find someone who can hook me up to sensors on my feet and take some slow mo video while I walk on a tredmill or something like that and tell me exactly how the heck to fix this. I'm only 34 and I don't want to lose the use of my left foot because of pain. I have a lot of years to raise my children and I am a blue collar worker so I will always be on my feet.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Dec. 20, 2015 12:13 am

That sucks. Right now my right foot is bugging the heck out of me...I attribute it to being on a ladder for a few days inside the house w/o shoes. Swollen on the side and painful to walk.

I expect it to fix itself ..

I have planters feet too but its manageable with the right footwear (insoles are junk IMO) .. shoes that provide a lot of cushion & springiness (found Addias megabounce worked for me)

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Dec. 20, 2015 12:31 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:That sucks. Right now my right foot is bugging the heck out of me...I attribute it to being on a ladder for a few days inside the house w/o shoes. Swollen on the side and painful to walk.

I expect it to fix itself ..

I have planters feet too but its manageable with the right footwear (insoles are junk IMO) .. shoes that provide a lot of cushion & springiness (found Addias megabounce worked for me)

I can't wear running shoes as they are too skinny in the insoul . I actually bought shoes recommended for overpronation which is what I have or fallen arch which causes overpronation . But the shoes I bought are running shoes and I can only wear them from time to time . the best support I get is from tall work boots, 9 eye and taller. The best way to explain what happens to my foot is when I put weight on it the arch explodes and makes my foot a good deal wider right at the arch and trying to hold that in which the skinny arch shoes just amounts to excruciating pain at the end of each day . No shows seems to make it worse now just like you mentioned . I have more shoes than my wife and that doesn't make me feel good haha . I can't afford anymore expensive shoes or insouls .

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Dec. 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Well I'm no doctor but I'm trying things here based off simple logic . Constricting the arch area from spreading when I put weight on the foot seems to be helping with the pain . But I'm wearing it with sandals at the moment which I know is not choice foot ware but my feet needs a break from shoes . I'm going to try the aggressive insouls with the tape job tonight . I am going to look into some of that tape they use for athletes . Not sure what it's called but may be another avenue .
image.jpeg
.JPEG | 105.2KB | image.jpeg

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Dec. 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Ya need to stop fckin around ya young wood-pecker & find a real podiatrist that will run ya thru some tests before one morning ya won't be able to put any weight on them!! :mad:

Return to “Health”