Need Someone to Restore My Baseburner

Kalindi

Post by Kalindi » Fri. Jun. 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi All,

We have an Acorn stove from Rathbone Sard and Co. I have posted pics long ago when we first bought it. It has burned well for us the past few years however it is, and has been in need of a complete overhaul. We thought we would do it ourselves, however, we are in the middle of a complete home renovation that we are doing ourselves, and really don't have the time on expertise to do this one ourselves as well. It needs some welding, the plating needs re-nickling and the pot either needs to be replaced or patched somehow.

Can someone recommend someone on the east coast that not only does a good job, but can also do it over the summer. We do use this as our main source of heat and need it back and put together and burning before Oct. gets too cold. I would prefer to drive it somewhere, but I guess we can ship it, though that seems a bit hard to do. We are in MD.

Thanks in advance,
Kalindi

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Jun. 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Try calling Wilson "Skip" Mull. 508-763-8941 Or, pm him. He's a member here and goes by the screen name, "wilsons woodstoves".

He's a professional welder with over 30 years experience restoring both wood and coal heating stoves and ranges. He's restored many base heaters for members on this site, including myself.

Paul

brunom15
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Base Heater No. 6
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by brunom15 » Sat. Jun. 27, 2015 7:24 am

+1, great guy

dlj
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Resolute
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove coal
Other Heating: Oil Furnace, electric space heaters

Post by dlj » Sat. Jun. 27, 2015 6:49 pm

In addition to Wilson, here are two other restorers.

Antique Stove Hospital
http://stovehospital.com/index.php/

Bryants stove and music shop
http://www.bryantstove.com/

I'd suggest you get a move on - with what you've said it needs, you'll be cutting it close to get it done in time for winter...

dj

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”