Pioneer BV 1997

rickytim

Post by rickytim » Wed. Jul. 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Hello everyone,
I have an opportunity to buy a use Pionner BV built in 1996-1997. I just took a look at it tonight and it is in ruff shape, I would have to rebuild some parts where the feeder tray attaches where its pretty rotten. Also the three fans seem a bit hard to turn by hand so those would need replacing too. I am trying to find a parts break down or a manual for this model also so I can make sure all the parts are on this stove. The feeding mechanism seems like there was something missing too. Just wondering if any one has any info on this unit that would help me out before purchasing.
Thanks
-Rick

Stoker6268
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by Stoker6268 » Thu. Jul. 23, 2015 12:14 am

Unless its real cheap I would stay away. Sounds like you found a few problems already. How many more didnt you see...

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Jul. 28, 2015 6:25 am

I'm sorry we don't have a parts break down manual, however there are two designs. The earliest units have the Tri-burner feeder with a plastic fan wheel attached to the feed motor, starting in 97 the units all had separate combustion fans. Either way parts are available, as already stated, the stove should be in the $50 to $200 range to make it worth while.
Good luck with the project and let us know if we can help. :)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”