Coal CEO Lets It All Out:"Obama Is Nation's Great Destroyer"

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Tue. Jul. 28, 2015 10:56 am

samhill wrote:Jpete, exactly how is looking up the CEO named in the OP & pointing out his past violations & run ins with the EPA thread drift? Seems to me that your trying to once again make it into a bash Sam drift if there is any at all. :idea:
I think it goes to the veracity of his statements; quite appropriate. I don't think anyone here thinks that Obummer is anything other than anti-coal and has used executive agencies to do his "work" as opposed to congress directly.

Congress needs to rein in the EPA; they are the one that gives them all their power.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Tue. Jul. 28, 2015 11:36 am

I tend to think that Obama tends to just be more or less the most willing POTUS that came along. Perhaps Carter started or maybe even before him, remember he was pro-solar before most thought of it. IMHO most things that happen are long term plans that just happen to come due despite opposition from those that stand to lose. At times I tend to believe we are govern by some totally out of politics, both parties cry about much the same thing at times but once able neither seems to do much about them. Both have had a chance to lower, change or eliminate welfare, taxes of all kinds, you name it but somehow very little if anything ever has much change once it's there. Nothing happens as fast as it seems to come about without years of planning. I tend to think like this link suggests that it's been a long time coming & has a lot to do with wasting what we have & providing for future generations. :idea:
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/seria ... 36n1-7.pdf

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Tue. Jul. 28, 2015 10:02 pm

If this is now becoming a political thread/topic it may need moved from "Coal News and General Discussion" to a more appropriate forum.

Or maybe those of us not subscribed to the "News, Politics and Current Events" and/or "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" will need to now also take Coal News and General Discussion off our "View List".

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Tue. Jul. 28, 2015 11:52 pm

McGiever wrote:If this is now becoming a political thread/topic it may need moved from "Coal News and General Discussion" to a more appropriate forum.

Or maybe those of us not subscribed to the "News, Politics and Current Events" and/or "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" will need to now also take Coal News and General Discussion off our "View List".
It was, IMO a political thread from the beginning.

But with that said.............Obama said he was was going to shut down coal usage 2 years before he took office. And IMO if you burn coal AND voted for OBAMA...........you are one very sick SOB that should be institutionalized for the rest of your life!

To sum it up, ya got what ya voted for. But in the process, ya hurt a lot of people real bad!

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 2:05 am

SWPaDon wrote:
But with that said.............Obama said he was was going to shut down coal usage 2 years before he took office. And IMO if you burn coal AND voted for OBAMA...........you are one very sick SOB that should be institutionalized for the rest of your life!

To sum it up, ya got what ya voted for. But in the process, ya hurt a lot of people real bad!
Anyone who voted for him should be in the looney bin....Romey's big mouth cost him the election....

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 8:14 am

I have to wonder why anyone who wants to burn coal to save money would also vote for obummer.

They are sitting out on a branch and can't see that they sawing between themselves and the tree trunk.

Paul

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Tue. Aug. 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Peabody Coal (a veritable institution) is trading at $1.16 per share right now. It was trading at $75 per share in 2011.

MODS: I'm in favor of a moderator moving this thread to the Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates, or to the News, Politics and Current Events forum.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”