Nice 1996 Regal for Sale in Philly Area Really Cheap

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 12:59 am

Can't beat the price on this assuming there is nothing wrong with it. KBB is about $3500 and they are only asking $2K.

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

38K miles, Sunroof, leather, 30mpg, 205HP and I'd assume upgraded suspension over the regular Regal.

If you're unfamiliar with the 3800 engine in these cars it's the best engine GM ever made. That car will go another 200K if the body keeps up with it.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 6:41 am

Ya don't have that yet??????????? :)

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Not sure if you saw the post in FSC but I sold the black Regal. That car is very tempting. I was thinking about maybe buying it and using it for a year or two, probably selling it for more than I paid for it. I know at the very least I could easily get my money back on it as long as it doesn't need a bunch of stuff like struts and brakes which is very possible that old and mileage. That's the big head thinking, it's the smartest and most practical thing to do.

Unfortunately the little head wants one of these, it's the next one up from the other Regal. Added is the dual exhaust, different intake, smaller supercharger pulley and performance tuning. The first three are prerequisites to make it go "ludicrous speed" with further tuning.

I have a lead on one with with 53K miles that the owner says wasn't driven in the winter. You can make one but this one comes with original invoice which makes it borderline collectible. Certainly a very desirable car in the right crowd. I wouldn't be buying it becsue of that, I'll be buying it to drive it. There is not a lot of original ones. I guess I could stare at it in my garage all winter. LOL

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 3:26 pm

That looks like a keeper. I'm not real big on maroon myself :woot: Hopefully transferring from Va. isn't difficult! :clap: toothy

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 4:48 pm

freetown fred wrote:That looks like a keeper. I'm not real big on maroon myself :woot: Hopefully transferring from Va. isn't difficult! :clap: toothy
That's not the specific one I'm looking at but it's identical. It's in Ohio.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 10:16 pm

rubicondave33 wrote:
Richard S. wrote: I have a lead on one with with 53K miles that the owner says wasn't driven in the winter. You can make one but this one comes with original invoice which makes it borderline collectible. Certainly a very desirable car in the right crowd. I wouldn't be buying it becsue of that, I'll be buying it to drive it. There is not a lot of original ones. I guess I could stare at it in my garage all winter. LOL

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 10:37 pm

In Philly? Who knows if this guy is telling the truth...just saying, Philly's a chit-hole.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jul. 29, 2015 11:25 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:In Philly? Who knows if this guy is telling the truth...just saying, Philly's a chit-hole.
It's suburb just little east of those mansions you see on the Schuykill, looks like quite a nice area. Very narrow streets with a lot of very old nicer homes. Because of the locality I would guess the housing prices are outrageous.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”