Starting to Think About Going Coal Again

ad356

Post by ad356 » Mon. Aug. 24, 2015 8:52 pm

one thing that never really made sense to me, why is that a cord wood stove has very similar heat output to a coal stove, but wood pellets and cord wood are nothing alike. cord wood stoves almost always put out MORE BTU then a pellet stove...... that doesnt make any sense, they are both a form of wood so you would think they would put out similar amounts of heat. I have a cord wood stove in barn/garage and that thing is WAY hotter then my pellet stove. that thing will put out so much heat when its cranked that you don't want to stand too close to it, and its only a el-cheapo tractor supply stove

mike2142
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: leisure line
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by mike2142 » Fri. Aug. 28, 2015 3:48 pm

If you ant vent out of a masonry chimney I would switch power venters suck with coal

lgilkes
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman DVC, Keystoker Koker, EFM-AF, EFM-520 Boiler

Post by lgilkes » Wed. Nov. 04, 2015 3:58 pm

I am a heat nut. I have a Keystoker, a Harman DVC, and Harman Accentra Pellet stove insert

The Harman is just for show, and on a chilly night, when you hit below 0 temps the pellets are a waste of money.

Hardwood, softwood all a bunch of crap. Keystoker in the basement, love it.

Harman DVC is the best and a BEAST.

If you are trying to heat with pellet, if you switch over to coal you will kicking yourself when you see the difference it is drastic.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”