Coffee Late August 2015

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Aug. 22, 2015 6:16 am

Ahhhh, I've only been at North Camp for 15 hours and I've already forgotten the date...perfect!

Come on in, the coffee is hot, eggs are frying, and home made toast with Renate's famous raspberry jelly, Yummmmm. Enjoy.

Finally, after being sick for 10 or 12 days, I am back on my feet and doing OK. I picked up some sort of virus.... headache, fever, zero appetite, slight nausea.... even ended up in the hospital and got two liters of fluid IV. Sheesh! I hope that's a once in a lifetime thing!

I'm still not 100% so we've cancelled the new roof for now. I'm going to rest & relax & look forward from here. Yesterday we watched the eagles goof around and the loons play.

I hope you are all doing well. It'll be leaf watching time before we know it. Hug your loved ones & make each day as good as can be.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Aug. 22, 2015 6:54 am

Darn good breakfast choice for the 22nd day of August Freddy.

Didn't know you weren't feeling well, glad to hear you are getting better.

Take care and be safe all.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 22, 2015 7:33 am

Mornin all. I'm leaving some home churned butter, enjoy. Outstanding breakfast choice Freddy. That's called pre-roofing flu!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you're feeling better my friend. Gonna do some bush-hogging today & mow the 3 acres around the house today. Enjoy the weekend people.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Aug. 22, 2015 8:30 am

Good Morning all, remember slow & easy for both you Fred's. Think I'll cut the g er weeds today myself. Had a major scare with the wife these past couple of weeks & hopefully everything is as good as the doc's are saying. We opted to go to a Pittsburgh hospital with the advice of her doc here & it seems like it was the correct choice, only downside is the distance so the wife suggested I stay home today. Hope all stay safe, sound & productive, life is short so make the best of it. :)

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sat. Aug. 22, 2015 9:29 am

Good morning, coffee is good this morning. With a side of waffles. Going to a 6hr Hybrid Hapkido class today gone a few times already its a monthly class. Lots of fun. But woke up with a slight headache. Hopefully it goes away soon.

I did not see the post about Whistlenut till Monday of this week. Wow it still has me floored. Way too young to go. He was a great guy. He will be missed on this forum for sure. He added a lot of great content and knowledge. But it shows that we must pay attention to whats going on with ourselves. Not sure if he had any indicators. But we should be knowledgeable about some signs.

Its been a busy year so far at the stove factory. Oil prices so far have not put much of a dent on sales. Hopefully it continues because I just hate the idea of foreign oil over good American coal. Word from the coal guys is sales are strong there as well. Another few weeks and some will be starting the stoves for the season. Where did the summer go?

Have a great week everyone.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Aug. 22, 2015 9:51 am

Good morning. This week was a real heat wave for us, I will be glad when it breaks. My Efm still sits quiet, I decided to burn off some fuel oil and get the tank refilled in the fall. Coal should be coming in a few weeks, I ordered another load of Lehigh rice.

Still no bites on my house, trying some new pictures and a more detailed description of the property...along with a lower price. :(

Looks like a bumper crop of apples this year, I have had two large limbs on my tree snap due to the weight. Hopefully we don't get any hail storms and the orchard has a great year.

Have a good weekend and be mindful of your health.

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Aug. 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Morning all,

Sorry to hear you've been sick Freddy. Hopefully, that's all behind you. So you're at the Northern Camp with nothing to do but recover. I can't think of a better place to be for that. It reminds me of the time DK took our kids with him on a business trip to Hawaii and they got sick. I told them I was sorry about that and my daughter told me "no worries" they were sick IN Hawaii.

I'll be up on the roof today looking at the chimney cap. (DK’s back is acting up again) The old one rusted off; it lasted 33 years. Between my son and me it looks like an easy replacement but everyone knows how looks can be deceiving.

The bees are on still on hiatus. I have the queens in queen catchers so they can’t lay. There aren’t any outward signs of anything amiss in the hives so I’m hopeful they are ok. I’ll find out early in SEP.

We have beautiful weather, 84* with a light wind. I’m picking up my winter coal Monday. It will be comforting to have my winter heat paid up front. I hear tell it’s supposed to be a rough, colder and wetter than usual winter.

Fred take it easy, we'd hate to hear of you hurting yourself. Sam, I'm sorry to hear your wife's not feeling so well. My prayers are with you and her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, take care, Lisa

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Sat. Aug. 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Hello Everybody,
The 765 rumbled thru today!
image.jpg
.JPG | 110.9KB | image.jpg
image.jpg
.JPG | 110.9KB | image.jpg

Attachments

image.jpg
.JPG | 92KB | image.jpg

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Aug. 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Had a nice experience this AM--went into Cortland to get some stuff at LOWE's. I got to put a face to member waldo Lemieux at the check out. Damn small world. It was good seeing you waldo. :)

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Thu. Aug. 27, 2015 7:34 pm

And Ill report to all that the ole sod buster looks pretty darn good for having his insides, outside for so long a time. And at the risk of talkin outta school ........ the old turnip looked like Benny Hill , cause as sure as Im sittin here he was trailing two very well endowed nurses :woot: whose biggest concern was gettin him back in the truck and up on the hill. One of these days I needa get a lesson :jawdrop:

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Thu. Aug. 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey Cap, whats up with this? Tell us more please..

deepwoods
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & DS Machine Newstyle Champion
Coal Size/Type: nut (so far)
Other Heating: Ruud propane forced air system

Post by deepwoods » Thu. Aug. 27, 2015 9:01 pm

Cap wrote:Hello Everybody,
image.jpg
image.jpg
Someday, someway I've got to get close to that old Nickle Plate beauty! The Berkshire's are my favorite with the Reading T's a close second.

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Sat. Aug. 29, 2015 7:23 am

The 765 is in Scranton today & tomorrow making runs to Stroudsburg

Return to “The Coffee House”