Any "Pinheads" Out There

ad356

Post by ad356 » Fri. Aug. 28, 2015 11:22 pm

im a "pinhead" meaning I have a collection of pinball machines and I just love playing them. I love the challenge (real pinball is not a like video game its hard), I love the light shows, the sound effects, and the way the machines talk. I have a 1980 williams FIREPOWER, 1986 williams high-speed, 1988 williams jokerz, 1991 williams bride of pinbot, and a 1996 sega apolllo 13 based upon the movie. I think I have a pretty good collection, they arent cheap either..... these things arent like video game console crap. a 35 year old game like firepower still demands $1,000. all of my games play fantasic and most of them have LED's installed, no more replacing bulbs and they draw allot less power. believe it or not new pinball machines are still being designed and built today

here is some gameplay videos, these are not my pins but they are the same games

firepower- great game a real classic , simple ruleset but a real challenge to master game designer steve ritche, still designs games today. aprox 11,000 made

high speed- awesome, awesome game another great classic, plays brutally fast too. around 11,000 produced. game designer steve ritche, still designs games today

jokerz- game based upon poker. its a fun pin, was the first game I bought and it makes a good entry level pin. python angelo designed this game. around 5,000 units made. you can buy a working jokerz for around $800

apollo 13. this game was produced by sega pinball. 3500 made. the only game ever produced with a 13 ball multiball, the 13 ball multiball is ridiculous but fun. great theme love the theme. it has an saturn IV rocket and apollo lunar landing module on the play-field. this game is my only DMD (dot-matrix-display). I installed a brand new LED DMD.

bride of pinbot. second game in a series of 3. the 1st was 1986 pinbot. I also really like this pin. its fun and challenging. I got the billionare shot once and it was extremely hard. its a great theme, it has a great combination of a light show combined with difficult shots. this machine actually speaks to you. the theme is what I would call suggestive, to the point that it has a family mode in the audits were it will block out some of more erotic things that it says.

pinball machines are like video games for adults. video games get old, how many violent grand theft auto and call of duty games does this world need. how about something else less violent and more changing..... real pinball. a real steel ball, mechanical sounds, electronic sounds, real gravity and a real challenge. aint not cheat codes here, just a skill that takes time to develop. they also have big time tournments with large cash purses in Pennsylvania, which perhaps some you guys are aware of it. PAPA. professional and amateur pinball association. I went there once to check it out, I would like to go compete someday.

i have a 4 year old son and he's going to grow up playing pinball, I enjoyed it as a kid and the machines almost disappeared unless you know where to look so I have my own "arcade"

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Sat. Aug. 29, 2015 12:11 am

My Dad ran a very successful pinball/jukebox business back in the 70's and 80's. I am all gamed out! Computer guy now, and do not play any games. Back in the day my Dad would buy new machines and bring them home on a Friday, we would play them all weekend, neighbor kids too, and then put them out on Monday to make money.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Aug. 29, 2015 1:18 am

A quarter game that the user controls the speed of play for the most part. I could play an hour on a single quarter.

But no, I would not want the burden of maintenance in a purchase of a pinball game. And have not played one for over 20 years.

I can understand how one could still wish to play..

ad356

Post by ad356 » Sat. Aug. 29, 2015 7:29 am

maintence isnt bad if you have some level of technical knowledge, if there is something that's beyond what I can fix which isnt very often I have a guy that I can call..... all and all they are fairly reliable machines. one of the biggest things is to get the batteries off the boards. the way these machines were built when they were new they had a AA battery holder on the main board. what happens if the batteries get forgetton about or sometimes its just a freak of nature, the batteries fail and leak crap all over the board. a once of prevention is worth a pound of cure. one of the best things you can do is remove the batteries from the board and install a remote battery holder, now if they leak the batteries are far removed form the board, no acid damage. you would be surprised how many machines I have come across that still have the batteries on the boards. it has ruined many boards and they arent cheap. allot of those boards are still being produced but that main board is a $300+ item, money that usually shouldnt have to spent if you are smart about it.

Return to “Hobbies, Hunting, Fishing & Camping”