So How Do You Get Your Coal to Your House?

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Sep. 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Oh yeah, did that too lol tipped on its bottom edge and roll. It's quite a balancing act. I put down plywood to roll across since it would otherwise dig into the ground.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Wed. Sep. 30, 2015 6:48 am

I live close to many breakers/coal yards. I just built a small 1 ton bin and filled it with coal from buckets. I can carry 10 buckets at a time in my Subaru. This is no more weight than three overweight friends and a load of tools in the back. :D

This will give me a little slack during January when the coal at the yards freezes into chunks after it snows. I will have about a months plus for heavy burning in dry storage. So far the bin is full with coal from a basement mine and I have a line on about 1/4 ton more. Chucking buckets with snow on the ground is not a fun thing to do when your on the north side of 63 years old.

Buckets at a time is the way we do it.

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Wed. Sep. 30, 2015 7:50 am

Or would I be better off just getting a couple tons delivered (less hassle). That would be my bet save your energy for your storage work.

There are plenty of vendor who will deliver your coal as you are not far from the coal region Living in Leesport. They will have lift trucks or chutes and some will even help you . If you order in the summer you may get a $200. per ton delivered rate. IF you want some names give me a Privatge message I live in Wernersville pa

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”