Keystoker KA-6 Rope Gaskets

conlsmc06
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6

Post by conlsmc06 » Thu. Oct. 01, 2015 7:12 am

I started my coal life with an Alaska 140, but my old oil boiler bit the dust, so I decided to upgrade to a Keystoker KA-6 dual fuel. While starting to put it together I noticed that the feeder doesn't have rope gaskets where it attaches to the boiler and where the hopper sits on top of it. Is this normal? Or should I go pick some up just to be safe? Thanks in advanced.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Thu. Oct. 01, 2015 7:16 am

Welcome to the forum!!!. The season is cranking up now and more members will be along shortly to answer your question. Hang in there and someone will be along shortly.

Again.....welcome to the best forum on the net.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Thu. Oct. 01, 2015 7:20 am

blrman07 wrote:Welcome to the forum!!!. The season is cranking up now and more members will be along shortly to answer your question. Hang in there and someone will be along shortly.

Again.....welcome to the best forum on the net.
Me again. I did a quick search on the forum. Look up in the upper right corner and you will see a search box. I typed in keystoker hopper gasket and got a lot of results. Following is one thread dealing with this

Sulfur Smell

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Oct. 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Page 2 in your manual:
Stoker units are shipped entirely assembled. Lift stoker into opening, bottom of a stoker has a
¼” rod welded in place which must go inside the stoker opening. Place a thick smear of furnace
cement or high temp. silicone on flange of stoker and tilt into place, securing with 3/8 x 1 ¼
machine screws, washers, and nuts as provided.

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Thu. Oct. 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Welcome to the forum con!

I would go with the Hi Temp silicon. It's a little easier to get off in the future and a little easier to put on.

I think your going to like the Keystoker. It's an improvement over the Alaska.

-Don

conlsmc06
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6

Post by conlsmc06 » Thu. Oct. 01, 2015 9:34 pm

I put it together this afternoon, I had called Keystoker this morning and they had said that it can go either way. So being the extra safe guy I am, I did both, it is sealed up good, and I can tell that the Keystoker is about 100 times more heavy duty in every way. Plumbers come tomorrow to get it all hooked up, can't wait to fire it up, it feels like it's much more apt to be fine tuned. Thanks everyone

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”