I Met a Member of the Forum Yesterday.

jubileejerry
Baseburners & Antiques: Wehrle Acme Sunburst 112, Hot Blast wood/coal burner

Post by jubileejerry » Mon. Oct. 05, 2015 11:01 pm

It was my pleasure to go to Northeastern Iowa to meet Buck47 yesterday. He had taken an order from me months ago to get a pallet of coal so I can try my Wehrle this year, and it had come in so I went to pick it up. I ended up putting about 750 miles on the pickup but it was worth it! I left home Friday afternoon when I could get out of the store and drove to a friend's house in Waverly, Ia. I got to know him through a motorcycle forum I belong to so I trailered my '74 Shovelhead over behind my truck. I'm not a big fan of putting the bike on the trailer, but it was the only way this time. Saturday my friend, his son, and I rode back roads, gravel, and put a couple hundred miles on checking out some little trout streams. We caught a few small fish, had a ball seeing places most tourists never see, and pretty much just forgot the world for a few hours. Yesterday my friend rode with me up to Buck47's home and loaded my coal in the back of the pickup, then spent some time soaking up the fellowship. He showed us his place and a beautiful Monarch cook stove he has and taught us a little about how it worked. He also showed us his Locke 120 and taught me some things I really needed to know, because I have one too, and I've never burned coal. The experience he has showed and I had a hard time leaving. I could have stayed and visited for many more hours, but I had to go home. We got back to my friend's house in Waverly about 5:00 pm, hooked up to the trailer, loaded and tied down the bike, and I headed for home. Got back about 10:30. What a great way to spend a weekend! I feel a lot more confident about starting my stoves now. Thanks for the hospitality! Jerry

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Tue. Oct. 06, 2015 3:10 am

Sounds like you had a great recharge time!!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Oct. 06, 2015 5:14 am

Sounds like an outstanding trip JJ. Time for Buck to check in on the FORUM ;) Not to many old shovelheads left out there my friend. I'm impressed. :D

Attachments

my baby.jpg
.JPG | 165.4KB | my baby.jpg
Fred's  Sled.jpg
.JPG | 128.3KB | Fred's Sled.jpg

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Wed. Oct. 07, 2015 9:17 am

Fred
I assume the Dr has given you the green light to ride? Now for the love of all things Holy GET a HELMET on your head! You just had a year and half or so in a literal HELL with medical problems. I know I don't like helmets either but I know I would not be alive(or seriously more screwed up than I am!) if I didn't have a helmet on when that little old lady with blue tinted hair decided she liked the way I looked on my motorcycle and came in for a closer look!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”